Miss Lindsay's December Newsletter
'Tis the season of giving!
SPIRIT DAY/TUITION DUE: Nov. 30-Dec. 1
CHRISTMAS PARTIES IN CLASS: Dec. 17-18
- Held during class with just the children. We'll take lots of pictures!
NO SCHOOL: Dec. 21-Jan. 1 (Have a great Christmas with your family!)
- TAEKWONDO FIELD TRIP (Look for details in next newsletter)
- NO SCHOOL: Jan. 18 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
UPCOMING ACTIVITY: CHRISTMAS PARTY WITH SANTA!
Wed. Dec. 16 from 7-9 p.m.
- WHERE: Jabbers (1210 N. Galleria Dr., Nampa)
- Bring your entire family for a night of fun anytime from 7-9 p.m. (be sure to wear socks!) We’ve reserved the entire 7,000 sq. ft. playhouse just for our Sunshine families! Kiddos can wear PJs or get all dressed up for their photo op on Santa’s lap!
Scholastic Book Clubs Deadline: Wed. Dec. 2
PLEASE NOTE: We've pushed the deadline to Wed. Dec. 2. (Makes great Christmas gifts!) Every time you place an order, your classroom gets a FREE book - thanks!
I love this time of year!
The children become very enthusiastic and excited with this wonderful season of giving and Christmas! We are going to be singing lots of Christmas songs, acting out our favorite Christmas stories, reading lots of fun Christmas books, and doing lots of fun art projects!. Over in the dramatic play area we have a Santa's work shop, a gift wrapping station, and a Christmas card writing station.
With Christmas approaching us fast, we are going to be very busy with Christmas theme art projects! While doing lots of art and crafts at home or in the classroom, here is a great link on a article about children's directed and open ended art. It tells the many reasons why we let children create their own art and explore and learn while doing the art project on their own and independently:
We accomplished a lot this last month:
- We dove deep with lots of activities involving the theme of Thankfulness and Thanksgiving! We learned about pies, corn, pilgrims, turkeys, and being thankful. We made lots of different types of pies at the play dough table. We had fun making a pumpkin pie painting project. There was great discovering within the sensory table with corn and scoops. They had fun making their hand print turkeys with gluing feathers onto them.
- Another fun art project was the Indian corn collage, where the children used their fine motor skills by tearing/cutting types of colored paper and gluing them on white paper.
- The children also had great responses by sharing whom they were thankful for. The most frequently said were: "mom, dad, grandma and grandpa, dogs, food, pies, and books!" Our favorite class book was Pete the Cat and the First Thanksgiving!
Hope your Holidays are filled with Joy,