A weekly newsletter that celebrates CMHS students and staff
The Carver Chronicles is a newsletter designed to share and celebrate all of the great learning activities, extra-curricular events and awesome accomplishments that happen every day at Carver Middle High School!
Follow the CMHS Twitter hashtag!
Make sure to use the hashtag #thisisCRusADERNATION when tweeting about
Carver Middle High School students, staff, clubs and events!
5 Things you may not know about... Mrs. Kilnapp
- She has two Vizslas named Whinnie and Bo
- She was a Biology major in college!
- She has two kids, one going to college and one will be a junior in high school
- She spends her summers in Prince Edward Island (but not this year..sob)
- She travelled to Disney World over twenty times, including Disney Cruises and Disney Land!
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Emily Grover
- Name: Emily Grover
- Grade: 12
- Favorite class: AP Bio
Hobbies:Drawing, Gaming and reading
- Favorite TV show: Criminal Minds, Supernatural
- Favorite sport: Kayaking
- Favorite Artist: Panic at the Disco
- Favorite Artist: Van Gogh
- Career interests: Going to school for Zoology. Hoping to get Bachelors and then find a job.
- Pets: 2 dogs, Milo and Daisy. 2 cats, Meeko and Gus.
Middle SCHOOL STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Jadyn Sotomayor
- Name: Jadyn Sotomayor
- Grade: 7
- Favorite Holiday: Christmas
- Hobby: Drawing
- Favorite Movie: A Star is Born
- Pets: A bunny, a cat, 3 chickens, and she is getting a puppy.
- Favorite Team: Celtics/Patriots
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Future Career: Not sure but something to do with animals or drawing
crusaders in (and out) of the classroom!
The Cast of Mamma Mia would like to share!
Thank you for the Music, the songs I'm singing!
We hope to share the joy of our production with you soon!
Mrs. Burridge's Literature & Film class used techniques they have studied this semester to create short films about their experience during the pandemic. Here are a few of them.
art is eggs-ellent CMHS Community Art Project!
Mrs. Genovese's High school students
Mrs. Genovese is excited to showcase the great effort that many students have put forth on this assignment. Their submissions really show how they have used some of the projects as an outlet during the current crisis.
Mrs. Wahle's Middle school students
COMMUNITY SERVICE opportunities
Frac’s Clean Up Challenge:
As I ride my bike through the streets of Carver I notice a large amount of trash from the winter months. Simply go out and clean your neighborhood streets with a large trash bag!...Remember to have social distancing through the process and wear gloves when handling trash-Mr. Fracalossi
Earn 1 hr./bag: Send pic(s) with bag(s) & location(s) to history teacher!
Current sophomores are now being eligible to start accruing community service hours!
NEW SCHOOL MOTTO CONTEST
Remember, our next challenge for the students of CMHS is to come up with a new motto to replace, "thisisCRusADERNATION!" for the next school year.
The winning entry will receive one of these new dry fit t-shirts.
We have already recieved a few entries and will announce the winner in a few weeks!
Submit entries to firstname.lastname@example.org