Dear Kinder Star Parents,
We had a wonderful third week of school in Kindergarten! We hope you all enjoyed your long three day weekend.
- We have started using the computers in the classroom. Please help your child practice his or her log-in at home. We sent home a letter a couple of weeks ago with their username and password. If you need this information again, please email me!
- Check out our Kindergarten Google Site at https://sites.google.com/a/pisd.edu/skaggs-kindergarten/ This is a good place to find information throughout the year.
- See the attached link in our email for more information on our "Check Writing Campaign!"
- Our Guidance Counselor, Mrs. Carranza, will be holding a Parenting Workshop on Monday, October 5th. We have attached more information about this in our email.
- Please check your child's folder each night and sign their behavior calendar.
- Your child may bring a healthy snack and a water bottle to school each day. Please be sure to label your child's backpack, lunch bag, and water bottle as there are many duplicates. If your child does lose an item, however, the Lost and Found is located in the cafeteria.
- PTA Picnic - Friday, September 18th from 6:30-8:30
- Apple Day - Friday, September 26th (More Info to come in Next Week's Newsletter)
- Parenting Workshop - Monday, October 5th (Please See Attachment to Email)
- Picture Day - Tuesday, October 6th
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 12th - No School For Students!
- Parent/Teacher Conferences - Monday, October 12th
What We're Learning About Next Week!
- Comparing Numbers
- Problem Based Learning
- Working with Numbers up to 10
- Making Observations
- Asking Questions
- Recording Observations
- Letter Mm
- Word Family -at
- Sight words: we, me, & come