The Bobcat Weekly
August 1, 2021 Issue 1
Ready or Not : 2021-22 is Here!
I am so excited to get this new year going! We are opening up the new fine arts facilities in our middle school building and new world language and art spaces in the high school! But even more exciting - we are so happy that we are going to have everyone in-person! I know that this might scare some, but be assured we are taking the steps we can to have the safest environment possible!
This school year, I wanted to make our communication a bit better, so I have moved to creating this newsletter that will go out each week along with my Sunday call out. This newsletter will be posted to both our Facebook page and our website. I will also send a link to this newsletter in my weekly email. In addition to that, we now have two Family Communication Specialists. They will be your first line of communication and will be active on our social media efforts. Contact details can be located at the bottom of this newsletter.
In this first edition of the Bobcat Weekly, you will find the the following key information that will help get this year started off right:
- 6th and 9th Grade Camps/Meet-the-Teacher
- Meet-the-Teacher/Open House
- Dress Code
- Schedule Pick-up
- Campus Monitor Vacancy Opportunities
- School Supplies
- Daily School Schedule/Lunch Schedule
I hope you find this helpful as you navigate your way back to school!
We will see you soon!
Richard Penland, Principal
Get Ready! Get Set! We're Back! Sixth and Ninth Grade Camps and Meet the Teacher
The 2021 – 2022 school year is quickly approaching and our incoming sixth and ninth graders have new staff, new rules, new future friends and basically – new everything else! Here at BMHS, we pride ourselves in our motto: Family all In! You (student and parents) are about to become part of this awesome family! To make the transition easier, we have set up a half day camp for students in these two grades to come by themselves for the opportunity of learning all about their new school home and familiarize themselves with the facility. This will be followed that evening with a Meet-the-Teacher event for the whole family. Here are the details:
Sixth and Ninth Grade Camps (students only)
Date: August 12th
Time: 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Dress: Comfortable: jeans/shorts/t-shirts (there may be a painting activity so dress accordingly)
Things to Bring: Your excitement for a new adventure and money for a snow cone ($3)
6th and 9th Grade Meet the Teacher
Date: August 12
Time: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Meet The Teacher for Everyone Else (grades 7, 8, 10, 11 and 12)
Middle SchoolWe will be following the established middle school dress code as outlined by FWISD. You can follow this link to view these standards: https://www.fwisd.org/Page/5532
We will also permit dark green polo type shirts as well as spirit wear every day of the week.
We will also be following the district established standards of dress found at the link posted above.
Please be aware - The uber casual approach to dressing for school that was permitted last year is not permitted this year. At the very least, this means pajamas will not be allowed at all this school year.
Schedule Pick Up and Change Requests
Schedule change requests may also be filled out and left for counselors to process. IMPORTANT: All schedule change requests must be submitted by Friday, August 20th. All changes will be granted based on class availability and graduation requirements.
Join Team Bobcat!
In all seriousness, we are looking to hire a couple campus monitors to help us keep our campus safe and orderly. If you are interested in this, please contact Shelly Gonzalez by calling the school at 817-815-7100.
COVID and Back to School
- Masks are welcome - but not required
- One way halls are still a thing where possible. these are clearly marked
- Frequent hand washing/sanitizing is expected
- Lockers are not being issued
- To avoid standing in crowds, restrooms are not available during passing periods or during the last 5 or first 5 minutes of class - teachers will be understanding and accommodating with restroom use requests
- Visitors are welcome except at lunch. Just know, we are happy to continue to for accommodate virtual meetings.
- A vaccination clinic will be offered at BMHS on August 31st with a follow up for the 2nd shot 3 weeks later
- FWISD will continue to closely monitor this, and issue any needed adjustments
Close contacts will not require quarantine UNLESS there are symptoms - then quarantine will be required.
Close contacts will be required to quarantine UNLESS both the close contact and the Covid positive person are wearing masks properly.
So, in summary - if you don't want to risk a loss of educational days for your child, all you have to do is: have them vaccinated and/or wear a mask.
If your child still needs a laptop, we will be arranging for that during the first week of school. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to email our administrator over students devices, Mr. Phillip Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org
And Finally...Our New Schedule (including lunch)
Things to keep in mind:
- Periods 1 - 4 are on 'A' Days
- Periods 5 - 8 are on 'B' Days
- The grades listed for lunch are the rule - but there will be exceptions - those will be announced in class on the first day of school. These exceptions are necessary as a result of mixed grade classes
- Schedules cannot be adjusted to get into a preferred lunch time