Make Good Things Happen
Welcome to Carlisle for the 2018-19 School Year!
Here at Carlisle, it continues to be our vision to create a safe, caring and united community that fosters high expectations and meets the needs of all learners while building relationships and promoting responsibility. We do this through hiring highly qualified, dedicated teachers and staff, partnering with our PTA who support our students through volunteer efforts, fundraising, bringing phenomenal programs to our campus that support our children's social/emotional development, and offering grants to our teachers (just to name a few), and of course promoting student safety campus-wide through the use of emergency protocols and procedures that allow learning to be our focus. Rest assured that your children are in good hands here at school.
Communication is a vital part of building and maintaining relationships. Connect with us! If you know someone who is not receiving this newsletter, invite them to join, by going to: elist.pisd.edu. From there, they can register for an account and choose to receive our S'MORE delivered directly to their inbox each week.
Have you updated your child's emergency information? Do we have an up-to-date list of names and phone numbers of people to contact in the event of an emergency or instance when you cannot make it to pick up your child? Help us to help you when these situations arise by having accurate information updated in the event we need to contact you. Classroom teachers communicate through Bloomz, Remind, email, and weekly newsletters as well. Be sure to ask your child's teacher and check those backpacks and binders daily for news and notes from school!
New Faces at Carlisle ~ Welcome Nurse Star!
Hi all! I’m Nurse Estrella (Star) Odierno. My husband and I met in middle school, we have three growing boys who keep us on our toes. I was born and raised in Southern California and have been in Texas a little over a year, other than the weather, we are adjusting well. I have been a Registered Nurse for over 6 years and have worked with adults and children in the hospital setting. I am excited to learn and grow in the school setting. Stop by and say hello some time!
We'd love for you to come volunteer this year!
This is true for volunteering, lunch visits, attending Good Morning Carlisle on Fridays ~ anytime you are going past the front office. Thank you for your cooperation.
Drive Safely. Children are EVERYWHERE!
The drop-off line forms along Old Orchard heading west, permitting a right turn only into the driveway. Driving east on Old Orchard, please do not turn left into the driveway.
The City of Plano has posted a “No Left Turn” sign at this location. You may NOT turn left into the driveway between 7:30–8:30 a.m. or 2:30–3:30 pm on school days.
Please pull forward, maintaining a single line to the main entrance before letting your child exit the car. Please stay in your car and come through the driveway. We have a system in place for carpool designed to keep our children safe. All children will enter the school by the main entrance. Parents may start dropping off children at 7:00 a.m. Students go to the gym until 7:30 a.m. when they are dismissed to go to their classrooms.
All children should exit on the right side of the automobile. Children should not exit cars in the middle of the driveway or in the streets. Safety Patrol members are stationed along the front sidewalk to assist your children until the 7:45 bell rings. Adults should not get out of the car for any reason while in the driveway. Please have your children ready to get out of the car as soon as the car stops in the carpool lane.
We recognize there are several restrictions that make carpool a bit tricky in the morning. Every single one of these are in place to keep our children safe and to start each morning with little stress and lots of smiles! Thanks you for your cooperation with each of these carpool safety rules and thank you for modeling respect for our rules and for one another when bringing your children to school each day!
Free and Reduced Lunch for 2018-19
*The Federal Meal Program is here to assist families in need. Parents/guardians may apply for free or reduced priced meals for the 2018-2019 school year on or after July 26th https://fans.pisd.edu/fma.
*Federal Meal Benefits 30-day Rollover
Just a reminder that a student’s eligibility (meal benefits) from the 2017-2018 school year will rollover only for the first 30 operational days of the 2018-2019 school year. Please apply as soon as possible in order for your child to receive meal benefits for the entire 2018-2019 school year.
Don't forget to Update Your Child's Information in Parent Portal
- Log onto PISD's parent portal at: http://parent.mypisd.net
- If you have never accessed the parent portal, you will need to set up a new account.
- Click on "New Registration" and set up and account using your student's ID number (this is the same number your child uses in the cafeteria) and your email address. (If you do not have an email address the easiest way to set one up is through a free service like Yahoo or gmail).
- Once you have registered and logged into parent portal, you will see tabs for each of your children.
- Click on each child's name and follow the directions for completing all of the registration information for the 2018-19 school year below.
You will need to complete the following information for each child you have enrolled in school:
- Emergency information (have current, accurate emergency phone contacts).
- Be sure to fill out health information completely. In the event of an emergency, it is very important that we have accurate information.
- Sign the Truancy Warning Letter for 2018-19.
- Sign the Student Policy Guide.
- Sign the Student Information Release Form indicating your preferences and consents.
Upcoming Dates and Events
Elementary Open House ~ 6:00-7:15 pm
- There will be two sessions 6:00-6:30 and 6:45-7:15. Attend either one!
- Parent Information sessions for 5th Grade Camp will be happening in the Library during these two meeting times as well.
- General PTA Meeting ~5:30 pm
- PTA "Meet and Mingle" at the entrance to the school during our Open House event.
Good Morning Carlisle ~ 7:30 am
- Don't miss our first GMC of the year. Parents, be sure to bring your driver's license and sign in at the front office before heading down to the gym. This will be required every Friday morning when you join us for GMC.
- First day for 4th and 5th graders to speak voluntarily on Morning Announcements. If your 4th or 5th grader would like to be a guest speaker on morning announcements, please ask him/her to secure a pink form from the front office before 8/22.
- Carlisle's first SBIC Meeting for 2018-19. 3:15-4:15 in the library.
- Labor Day ~ Student/Teacher Holiday
- Lil Pups in the library 8:00-8:45.
Notes from the Nurse
Starting the Year off Right
As we embark on our new school year, please remember that we are here to make sure your children have a successful school year. A healthy child will set the stage for a successful learning environment in the classroom. Please remember, if your child has a fever of 100*F or greater, they are not allowed to come to school per PISD policy. Your student can return to school when they have been fever-free for 24 hours, without the aid of medication. Now is a great time to review hand washing techniques and ways to avoid getting sick with your children. The number one way to prevent illness is by practicing good hand washing!
I am here to help your children be as healthy as possible. To do this, I need up to date information regarding their health and accurate contact information for guardians. Please take a moment to update your child's health information and guardian contact information via the Parent Portal. Let's make it a great year!
* note: The nurse's office is in need of boys' underwear (all sizes). If you are able to make a donation, you may bring them directly to our new nurse, Star.