November Tidbits #4
November 22, 2023
Parents Have Homework, Too!
Thank you for your support!
Mr. Kent and the TCES family
1. Please share your thoughts in our SY24 TCES Guardian Survey - End of Quarter 1
At TCES, we are interested in knowing what you think of our school as we work towards creating the best environment for you and your student.
We are frequently looking for ways to meet the goal of our mission. In partnership with parents and the community, Town Creek teachers and staff strive to create a child-centered learning environment enabling all students to become successful, healthy, active learners who pursue their own, individual level of excellence. We invite you to take a moment to complete this survey to let us know where we can improve. Thank you!
2. Don't forget to complete the Acceptable Use Policy agreement.
All students are required to have an acceptable use policy agreement (AUP) on file. This is to be completed by the PARENT or GUARDIAN of the student. This needs to be completed for each student you have in the school system. At the end of the form you have the option to submit another response for your additional students.
Yearbook Cover Contest!
We are accepting student submissions for the 2023-2024 Yearbook Cover Contest!
The theme is: Kindness Rocks at TCES.
Entries must be submitted by Monday, December 13, 2023. No late entries accepted.
FRONT COVER will be selected from the 3rd – 5th grade submissions. BACK COVER will be selected from K - 2nd grade submissions.
Cover Requirements Checklist:
- The following must be included in the design:
- Kindness Rocks at TCES
- Correct spelling
- Artwork must be created on unlined 11” x 8 ½” cardstock or paper.
- Vertical (portrait) orientation
- All text and graphics must be kept ½” from the paper’s edge. Use this flier as an overlay to confirm all essential items are inside the dotted line. If still unsure, use a ruler to double check. The safe zone is 10 ½” x 7 ½”.
- Background color should extend to the paper’s edge.
- Student’s full name, teacher, and grade must be clearly written in pencil on the back of artwork.
- Students must freehand their designs. Artwork created with the use of a lightbox will not be accepted.
Tips & Helpful Information:
- Avoid yellow or light-colored lettering.
- Use lots of color, fill all the space and avoid leaving white background.
- Do not erase, the lines will show up when scanned.
Submitting Your Student’s Artwork:
Send in artwork to your student’s teacher. There will also be a box in the office for submissions.
Please note: Student submissions will NOT be returned. Entries not selected for the cover may be displayed as Honorable Mentions inside the yearbook. Submission deadline is, December 13, 2023. We cannot accept artwork after that time.
December Spirit Days
Check out our TCES Spirit Wear!
Ready to rock some new Town Creek threads? A wide variety of spirit wear is now available from hoodies to sweatpants!
Select this link to see pictures and detailed descriptions of the seven new items available in both youth and adult sizes. You can check out the samples in the case in Town Creek's lobby, too!
To order, you can print this form and send cash or check, or you can order everything online in the My School Bucks School Store. For directions on how to order through the MSB School Store, please select this link.
The items will be delivered to your student at school as soon as they arrive at TCES.
**NOTE: Do not put money into the lunch money account for this purchase! That is a separate account from the School Store and can NOT be transferred.
Join us for our next PTO meeting on Tuesday, December 5, at 5:30. We'll in in the Media Center in TCES. See you there!!
Save the Date: Our next big event will be the New Year's Dance on Friday, January 5, 2024, from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in the TCES Cafeteria!
Questions? Contact PTO president Lydia Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Calendar Events
Join us at TCES!!
- December 8th - Two-Hour Early Dismissal Day (Professional Responsibilities)
- December 18th-January 1st - Winter Break for students and 10-11 Month Employees
- January 2nd - Schools Reopen - Students in School
- January 5th - PTO New Year's Dance at 6:00 p.m. in the TCES Cafeteria