June 29, 2020
Open Enrollment is July 1st through July 31st!
Review the System Benefits Administration website to prepare for Open Enrollment. View premiums, plan description booklets, and more. Check your current benefit elections by clicking on the Benefits Worklet from your Workday home page.
Important updates for FY21:
- The A&M Care full-time premiums are remaining the same for the 5th year in a row; however, other plan premiums, including part-time premiums and the graduate student plan premiums, are changing. Please review the premium sheets found on the A&M System Benefits Open Enrollment website.
- Family, group, and marriage counseling will now be covered by the A&M Care, J and 65+ health insurance plans.
- A new coverage tier is being added to the A&M Care 65 Plus and A&M Care Plans. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas-designated Blue Distinction Centers have a proven record of delivering specialty care and results. Blue Distinction Center care includes the following categories: bariatric surgery, cardiac care, knee/hip replacement, spine surgery, and transplants. This tier will be covered at 90% coinsurance for inpatient services. The benefits of the Blue Distinction Centers are available to 65 PLUS plan members, but there is no plan savings since, in most cases, Blue Cross and Blue Shield pays what Medicare does not pay for inpatient hospitalizations.
- Polycarbonate lenses and standard anti-reflective lenses are now covered in full for participants and dependents enrolled in the vision plan.
- The vision premium will have a small increase $.60 per month for employee only and $1.72 for employee and family and include the above additional coverage.
- The Hartford will be the new Life Insurance carrier for FY21, however, there will be no plan changes.
- The MDLIVE Virtual Visits copay will decrease from $20 to $10 for the A&M Care, J, and 65 Plus plans. Virtual Visits is a way to conduct doctor’s or behavioral health appointments for non-emergency conditions by phone, video, or the MDLIVE app 24/7. To register for MDLIVE, go to MDLIVE.com/bcbstx and enter the information found on your ID card.
- Dependent Life Insurance Plan B has been split into Spouse Life B and Child Life B. This change has not changed the coverage amount and slightly lowered the premium for some enrollees. The premium is now: Spouse Plan B – $1.05; Child Plan B – $0.32 (for one or multiple children).
- The Healthcare Flexible Spending Account maximum annual election will increase from $2,700 to $2,750.
- Livongo for diabetes and hypertension, Omada for pre-diabetes and pre-hypertension, and Hinge Health for musculoskeletal conditions are being added as Blue Cross and Blue Shield partner programs. These programs are based on eligibility or diagnosis, and include digital tools to assist with these chronic conditions such as a scale or virtual therapy courses. There will be more information provided about these programs after September 1.
To view more information on Open Enrollment, visit: https://www.tamus.edu/business/benefits-administration/open-enrollment/
Retiree-Only Virtual Fair
Click here to view the Retiree Only-Open Enrollment presentation schedule.
Date: Friday, July 17, 2020
Time: 8-11:45 A.M.
Benefits and Retirement Virtual Fair
Join us at our Benefits and Retirement fair showcasing vendors from our Medical, Dental, Vision, ComPsych, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance plans. The information shared will be for FY21 that begins on September 1, 2020.
Click here to see the Open Enrollment Presentation schedule.
Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2020
Time: 1-4:45 P.M.
Two-Step Wellness Program Reminder
When logging into MyEvive, employees and covered spouses may see up to 7 health and wellness activities on their MyEvive Personalized Checklists (PCL). These may include your annual wellness exam, nationally-recommended preventive screenings, registration in various benefit programs, self-paced wellness courses, and much more. You can choose any two activities to complete for the incentive credit for FY21. Credits are applied to the next plan year for tasks completed in the current plan year*.
Completing any two steps on your Personal Checklist will ensure that you have the lowest rate for your health insurance premiums. Be sure to complete these activities by August 31, the extended deadline, and allow some time for processing! The Blue Cross and Blue Shield-Well onTarget Health Assessment and your annual wellness exam will still count as the alternative to using the MyEvive portal.
*Those who had not yet completed the Health Assessment and Wellness Exam to receive credit for FY20 can still complete these two tasks to receive their credit for the remainder of this fiscal year. If one of those checklist items was completed in FY19, you must then complete one more task to equal two tasks in the current plan year to receive the credit for FY21. The checklists will restart in FY21, with no partial completion accepted; simply complete two tasks in FY21 for credit in FY22.
Some new wellness tasks will be replacing some existing ones at the start of the new plan year so be looking for those!
For more information, visit our Two-Step Wellness Program website.
Staff Performance Reviews Begin June 1, 2020
It is time once again for annual staff performance reviews. Our staff performance reviews will be completed in Workday. The process begins with each staff member completing the employee self-evaluation, followed by the supervisor completing the manager evaluation.
For additional information visit: https://www.tamusa.edu/humanresources/index.html
For any questions, please contact: Patricia.Morgan@tamusa.edu
Families First Coronavirus Reponse Act (FFCRA)
For more information on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) click here or use the link https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/posters/FFCRA_Poster_WH1422_Non-Federal.pdf
FAQ’s can be found here or https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-poster-questions
IN THE SPOTLIGHT! Employee Total Rewards
Check back with us weekly while we promote and highlight the rewards available for Texas A&M University-San Antonio employees, listed in the section below.
Discover Your Total Rewards
- NEW- Navia Flexible Spending Account Updates: Due to COVID-19, the IRS has allowed some changes to the Flexible Spending Account process for the rest of the plan year. Read more here.
- Livongo for Behavioral Health: Livongo is committed to empowering your Members to live better, healthier lives. That includes providing resources for managing heightened stress and uncertainty brought on by the current coronavirus (COVID-19) threat. The new COVID-19 and Mental Wellness resources from Livongo for Behavioral Health powered by myStrength are now available to support your Members through these challenging times, at no cost to you. Visit Livongo at: https://bh.mystrength.com/plancvd19
- The Well onTarget Fitness Program: The Well onTarget Fitness Program has added virtual classes, open to all employees, and they don’t have to be Fitness program members. This is available until further notice. See this link for more information - https://www.bcbstx.com/covid-19-employers/alerts-announcements/may-21-2020-fitness?WT.mc_id=TXEMAPRI1261590
Monthly New Hire Announcements
Please welcome our new staff member(s) joining our university.
- Mr. Rohan Christie-David, Dean, College of Business - June 1, 2020
- Ms. Hannah Reinhard, Business Assistant I - June 8, 2020
Contact Us-We are Here for YOU!
Martha Gonzalez Chief Human Resources Officer Martha.Gonzalez@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2059
Patti Morgan Manager, Compensation & Recruitment Patricia.Morgan@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2054
Francy Leal Benefits Manager, & Wellness Champion Francy.Leal@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2051
Jacquelynn Jaso Human Resources Intern-Benefits & Wellness email@example.com (210) 784-2052
Christina Gomez Human Resources Generalist-Employment Christina.Gomez@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2053
Gloria Diaz Administrative Assistant IV Gloria.Diaz@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2058
Janice Parten Campus Title IX Coordinator / Professional Development Administrator Janice.Parten@tamusa.edu