Carver Middle School Newsletter
March 3, 2019
Greetings Carver Community!
Congratulations to the parents and guardians of the newest members of the Carver MS National Junior Honors Society! I am very proud of our 40 newest members and I appreciate all of the families who came out to show support. Special thanks to our guests from Second Baptist Church for contributing to a Black History Month Assembly to remember!
This week is very important particularly for our eighth graders. As a reminder, our eighth grade students will take their writing SOL Tuesday, 3/5/2019. Please make sure that your student is well rested, eats breakfast and is prepared for his/her SOL exam.
Please join our Foreign Language department for a 11th Annual World Language banquet Thursday, 2/7/19 at 6:30 pm.
As a reminder Chesterfield County Public Schools are closed Friday March 8, 2019.
Thank you and let's have a great week Cougars!
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!
March 5- 8th Grade Writing SOL (Short Paper)
March 7- World Languages Banquet, 6:30 pm
March 8- Student & Teacher Holiday- No School
March 12- 8th Grade Writing SOL (Multiple Choice)
March 12- Girls Soccer @ Matoaca 2:30 pm
March 13- Track & Field @ Davis, 2:30 pm
March 14- Girls Soccer @ Davis, 2:30 pm
March 25-28- MAP Testing
March 29- Student 3 hour early release
- CCPS STEAM EXPO 2019- March 16 at CTC HULL 7:30-12:30- A new school challenge was added this year. In the school challenge, school groups made of students, family members, and teachers will be given a unique challenge to build from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm. Schools are invited to bring unique recyclable materials to be used in this event. If you have any questions concerning STEAM EXPO, please contact your student's science teacher.
- Starting March 4, 2019, seventh and eighth grade students will no longer report to the cafeteria for breakfast. Students will have grab and go breakfast stations on their grade level hallways and will eat lunch in classrooms.
- Starting February 4, 2019 students are not allowed to utilize cell phones during the instructional day. Students are expected to leave phones in their lockers before first period if they choose to bring them to school.
- Students will be dismissed in the following order- 8th graders, 7th graders, 6th graders.
- Carver mornings are postponed until further notice.