The EJA Times
May 20, 2022
School Picture Day
Students will be taking group and individual photos this Tuesday, May 24th. Please make sure they are wearing their FULL DRESS UNIFORMS. 8th graders will need to bring their Cap and Gowns for their graduation photos. Information about how to purchase the photos will be sent later on.
Early Dismissal Wednesday
COVID-19 Reminders and Guidelines
Parents, thank you for your cooperation and understanding this year. Your efforts have helped us to keep our school transmission rate down to zero! We know that there are only 2 more weeks left of school, but let's continue to be vigilant and mindful so we can protect our students and others. A few reminders:
- Any student with cold or flu-like symptoms except for allergies should stay home in order to avoid spreading any illness. Students are allowed to join class virtually at home for illness and/or quarantining.
- Students who have either tested positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed to COVID-19 (family member, friend, etc) should remain home. Parents, please contact Ms. Nugent right away if this happens. We will follow the CDC and Allegheny East Conference guidelines for quarantining and testing.
- We will always inform you of any exposures at school, and notify close contacts if they need to quarantine.
- At this time, indoor and outdoor masking is still requested of all students, staff, and visitors while on campus.
- Social distancing (6 ft apart) is still practiced, where possible, when in contact with others for more than 15 minutes.
Early Bird Registration Is Now Open!
A reminder that we have transitioned to an online enrollment system through the FACTS Family Portal.
We are also offering a discount for enrolling early. If you register by June 30th, you will receive 50% off the registration fee, so its a great idea to enroll now and save!
To complete our online reenrollment process, you will access our Family Portal through your existing login. If you do not have a login, please follow the Instructions for Creating a Family Portal Login contained in the email. (Use district code: AEC-SDA)
We know that this process is new, so we are here to help! Please use the link below to sign up for a time to get assistance with the online process.
Online Enrollment Assistance
Last Day of School-In Person Party (June 3)
Mad Scientist Summer Camp-Early Registration Ends June 15th!
Coin Wars for ADRA (Fundraising Drive)
Our last outreach project of the year will be to collect loose change for the Adventist Disaster and Relief Agency (ADRA). ADRA is our church's humanitarian organization. They deliver relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 118 countries. We will be raising money to support ADRA’s current relief efforts in Ukraine and around the world. From now until the last day of school, students can bring in any extra pennies, dimes, nickels, quarters, and yes, even dollars that they find laying around and add it to their class' donation bin. The class that raises the most money will receive a prize! To learn more about ADRA's impact, check out their website, click here
8th Grade Graduation-June 2nd
Join Our Home and School Team
Ozobots and Hands on Learning
May 16-June 3
ADRA Fundraising Drive
School Picture Day
Staff Development-Early Dismissal @ 12:15 PM
No School-Memorial Day
8th Grade Graduation 6:30 PM
Last Day of School-In Person Party
4th Quarter Report Cards Distributed
Early Bird Registration Deadline