By: Olivia Piscatelli
An unexplained death, usually in sleep. Often known as the crib death because they often die in their cribs.
- See picture about first statistics
- Babies of mothers who smoke during pregnancy have a 3 times greater risk of having SIDS
- Babies who inhale second hand smoke have a 2.5 times greater risk
- There shouldn't be more than a soda can width between the crib bars
- Breastfeed as long as you can (Babies who breastfeed lower the chances of SIDS by 50%)
- Don't give honey to a baby under 1 year old (Botulism and the bacteria in honey could be linked to SIDS)