Tiger Tracks Inside Edition
Travis High School Faculty Newsletter - August 12, 2019
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday, August 12
7:30-9:00 PBIS (Commons)
9:15-10:15 Safety (Commons)
10:15-11:00 AVID & "WICORizing" Lessons
11:00-12:30 Lunch on your own
12:30-3:00 PLC/Department/Teacher planning time
Lesson plans should be submitted by the end of the day
*Severe paras off-site for CPI Training
Tuesday, August 13
7:30 Teacher Work Day (sign in sheets in the Commons).
11:00-1:00 Lunch and Learn-Opening Day Procedures (attendance required/Commons)
4:00 Volleyball (F/JV) at Foster High School
Deadline to complete the following:
- PLC Survey
- 9 weeks calendars (email to TTESS Appraiser and Dena Garcia)
- Staffulty information survey
- Sub Folders turned in to Department Head
- Advisory Schoology sign up--make sure to sign up for the appropriate grade level and review first day advisory information/activities
- Classroom survey
- Sign up for Mandatory Duty
- Update Teacher Website (Dena Garcia is webmaster if you need assistance) Be sure you post your tutorial times!
- Update Parent Communication Folder in Schoology
- Pick up Special Pops binder in A116 if you did not already get one - access necessary documentation and submit electronic signatures
- Calendar all meeting dates for the year!
- AVID Door Signs: Attachment below
- Pick up Staff Parking Tag if you have not already
Wednesday, August 14
Attire: Staff Shirts!
We get our Tigers back!!
It's a GREAT day to be a Travis Tiger!
Pick up advisory bags in the library starting at 6:30 AM
Advisory Resources are also in Schoology!
Thursday, August 15
Take attendance in Skyward!
Remember - do not allow a student in your class if they aren't in Skyward - even if they have a printed schedule - send them to Registrar!
Only Dena Garcia and counselors can print schedules!
Friday, August 16
Fridays we wear RED!!!!
3:30 First 3 day survival session--Center Court Pizza in Aliana (flyer below)
7:00 pm Band community performance
Saturday, August 17
5:00 pm Community Pep Rally-THS
Beginning of the Year Resources
This form is to checkout textbooks (individual and class sets) and teachers editions for the 2019-2020 school year. Please make sure you include all courses and preps that you teach. You may contact Salina Chapa with any textbook questions.
Our campus IT is Joshua Martin and his office is in the library! Please remember to put in a Support Portal ticker (Formerly CRM ticket) instead of emailing him when you have a request. Thank you!
ALL THINGS ADVISORY
9th grade Access Code: 25JG-6TGZ-63PVB
10th grade Access Code: VH3S-K9X8-5BGJV
11th grade Access Code: JJRJ-J73S-VV69B
12th grade Access Code: 2NQ2-Q2R3-DQTR9
Weekly Advisory Lesson Plans are located in the 1st 9 weeks folder of your appropriate Schoology Course under the appropriate dated week. You MUST log in and JOIN the correct Schoology course to access the videos and materials for this week's lessons.
Schoology Access Code for all THS Professional Development - 35S22-5WVJF - We have uploaded back to school PD resources here too!
Grading Policy and Reporting Reminders! - PLEASE REVIEW!
- Do NOT put a 0 in on any assignment that was not completed due to student absence - for any reason - until the student has had sufficient time and opportunity to complete the assignment and failed to do so.
- Assignments in grade book must have specific name - i.e. Ch 12 vocab assignment vs Homework 2
- Grades must be entered within 5 days of assignment due date.
- Late Work is accepted - 1 day late is up to 15 points off; 2 days late is up to 30 points off
- Parent contact is required any time a student is unsuccessful and any time a student is in danger of failing a course - please document all contact
How to Reset Your Network Password
Do you have news to share? Email THS Announcements! (THS.Announcements@fortbendisd.com)
Tiger Tracks Parent Newsletter
First HOME Volleyball Game!
First Football Game!
No School - Labor Day Holiday
Fall Open House