Mrs. Dearmon's Rockin' Fourth Grade
December 7th - 11th
- Spirit Day is Friday. Pajama Day! Remember that the students have P.E. that day, so please send tennis shoes and a possible clothing change.
- Interims go home on Wednesday.
- Vocabulary Test for November Word of the Day is on Wednesday. I have added a quizlet to review on Edmodo.
- Please vote for Spring Run's jingle. Our school can get $5,000!!! http://www.michaelandson.com/2015-jingle-submissions/
- Our classroom holiday party will be on Friday, December 18th. Be on the lookout for a sign-up genius in the next couple of days to volunteer for donations and help.
- Book Exchange for holiday party directions went home with students on Friday.
- Reminder that students need to dress in layers. We go outside every day before noon so the temperatures are still chilly. I have had students with no coats and with shorts.
What is Going on This Week in Curriculum?
Mrs. Dearmon's Math Class
- Monday we work on subtraction with one regrouping.
- Tuesday we will be moving up to two regroupings.
- Wednesday we will subtract across zeroes.
- Thursday is a review of addition and subtraction with regrouping through word problems.
- Friday we use estimation to locate sums and differences on a number line.
We will be having a math workshop style of learning for the next couple of weeks. The students are in small groups and will rotate around to the teacher, seat work, fact practice, and hands on games.
- Independent reading each day.
- Small groups will also be working on comprehension skills and an animal web quest using the computers to answer research questions. Last week, the webquest was blocked, so I have created a powerpoint with the links to help with this.
- There will be a newspaper and Spectrum sheet this week.
- The sketches and details are done, so the students will not be composing sentences to create their descriptive winter scene.
- After drafting, the students will be working with their writing partner to edit and revise each other's pieces.
- The final copy will be typed in Google Docs using the Chrome books. There will be an art aspect of this project that will begin if there is time at the end of the week.
- We will be having science on Monday and Tuesday of this week.
- Monday and Tuesday the students will be working on food chains, food webs, and the energy pyramid.
- See pictures below of our adaptation lab on body coverings.
- Social studies will be held Wednesday through Tuesday of next week.
- They will be working on finishing the Jamestown unit.
- Jamestown test will be next Tuesday, December 15th.
- There will be a morning review session next Tuesday at 7:45.
Spring Run Elementary Room 500
Fourth Grade Teacher