The Fred Factor
- "If a guy name Fred, who has a less-than-glamorous job working for the U.S postal service, can serve his customers with exceptional service and commitment, what opportunities await you and me to help others, and in the process achieve deeper personal satisfaction?" (Mark Sanborn).
- Everyone Makes a Difference
- Success is Built on Relationships
- You Must continually Create Value for Others, and It Doesn't Have to Cost a Penny
- You Can Reinvent yourself Regularly
SECTION: WHY IS FRED A "FRED"?
DO GOOD AND YOU WILL FEEL GOOD
TREAT CUSTOMERS AND OTHERS AS FRIENDS
THE IMPACT YOU HAVE ON OTHERS IS THE REWARD
LIVE THE GOLDEN RULE
FEAR NOTHING EXCEPT TO WASTE THE MOMENT
(These five statements in this section had the greatest impression on me. Most often I try to live up to these things in life but sometimes regret being nice to people because not everyone appreciates the time and effort you put within their lives. In this book I learned that if you do good; you don't have to get rewarded for the good that you do,You just have to be satisfying.)