City Council Internship Opportunity
Office of Councilmember Jay Schenirer Requesting Interns
Attention young women and men in Sacramento! The Office of Council Member Jay Schenirer is looking for interns to learn and grow in our office for the spring and fall semester, summer and beyond.
District 5 is hiring an un-paid intern to assist with community outreach efforts, staffing the office, and other projects and activities. The intern will gain valuable work experience. Qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.
Under the direction of the District Director, the intern will perform the following duties:
· General administrative tasks
· Answer and respond to constituent calls
· Maintain various data bases, sort and process mail
· Assist staff on specific topics or projects
· Attend community meetings & meetings
· Outreach to under-served communities
· Work on Way Up Non-profit events and campaigns as needed
· Other duties as assigned
· Must be able to work 10-15 hrs per week. Scheduling is flexible.
· Have an interest in city government and public service.
· Possess excellent customer service skills, strong oral & written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office & social media navigation tools.
· Ability to work in fast passed environments.
· Must provide own transportation. Parking will be provided.
Additional Skills Desired:
· Bilingual in Spanish/Hmong/English
· District 5 resident strongly preferred
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact Zelia Gonzales at 916-808-8552.