Oakview's Primary Pride
September 7-11, 2015
TIPS FOR PHONE CALLS HOME
- Have a win-win mentality.
- Start the conversation with positives. Every student has some positives. Find them. Parents should not feel like you do not have anything uplifting to say about their child. It's hard to get assistance from parents when all you hear from the teacher is negative. The "momma bear" comes out, and then the parents attack the teacher to the principal.
- Approach the situation as if you are seeking the parents' guidance on what works best with their child.
- Script the conversation, if you are nervous.
Walk-throughs will begin this week. Remember, the goal is to find positive things going on in class to assist you on T-TESS. It is a growth tool for individuals, as well as our campus.
MEETINGS THIS WEEK:
- Pre-K - Tuesday, September 8, 2015 @ 9:20 in the PTO room
- CIP Committee - Wednesday, September 9, 2015 @ 3:45 in the Media Center
- 1st Grade - Thursday, September 10, 2015 @ 8:15 in the PTO room
- Kindergarten - Thursday, September 10, 2015 @ 1:10 in the PTO room
- 2nd Grade - Thursday, September 10, 2015 @ 2:15 in the PTO room