Flow of food
ServSafe Chapter 4
Preventing cross contamination
- Use separate equipment for each type of food.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces,equipment,and utensils after each task.
- Prepare raw meat,fish, and poultry at different times than ready to eat food(when using the same prep table)
- Buy food items that don't require much preparing or handling.
Food held in the range of 41 degrees F and 135 degrees F has been time temperature abused.
Food has been time-temperature abused whenever it is handled in the following ways:
- Cooked to the wrong internal temperature.
- Held at the wrong temperature.
- Cooked or reheated incorrectly.
How to avoid time temperature abuse
- Monitor time and temperature.
- Make sure the correct type of thermometers are available.
- Regularly record temperatures and the times they are taken.
- Minimize the time that food spends in the temperature danger zone.
- Take corrective actions if the time-temperature standards are not met.
A food handler has finished trimming raw chicken on a cutting board , and needs the board to prep vegetables.What must be done to the cutting board?
It must be washed rinsed ,& sanitized.
A thermometer used to measure the temperature of food must be accurate to what temperature?
+/-2 degrees F or +/-1 degrees C
What device can be used to record time-temperature abuse during the delivery of food?
Which type of thermometer can read temperature without touching the items surface?