PROTECTING TEENS ON AND OFFLINE!
FOR PARENTS AND YOUTH
DID YOU KNOW?
- 13 Million Teens will be victims of cyberbullying or bullying in 2017(meganmeierfoundation.org)
- “1 in 6 teens with a cell phone has received a sexually suggestive image or video of someone they know” (Lenhart, 2009)
- Teens have access to several secret apps that parents don't know about
- Females ages 16-19 are 4 times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault https://www.rainn.org/statistics/children-and-teens
- Among female victims of intimate partner violence, 94% of those age 16-19 and 70% of those age 20-24 were victimized by a current or former boyfriend or girlfriend http://www.loveisrespect.org/resources/dating-violence-statistics/
WITH ALL OF THE RISKS ON AND OFFLINE, PARENTS AND YOUTH NEED TO
COME TOGETHER AND TALK ABOUT THIS!
- Learn about the above risks your teens face on and offline in today's world with them in the room!
- Learn why it's important to talk about responsible internet use with your teens; come and hear what they have to say about all of this!
- Practice a safe and healthy dialogue and "open door policy" together!
Wednesday, June 21st, 6:30-8:30pm
4505 Wasatch Boulevard
Salt Lake City, UT
Cost: $10.00 per person
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
AGENDA for Parent and Youth Night (both welcome!!)
7:00-7:15 pm: Our program, The Teen Prevention Project.™
7:15-7:30 pm: Internet Risks (statistics)
7:30-8:00 pm: Discussion around internet safety on the internet with parents AND teens!
8:00-8:30 pm: What are we learning? Where do we go from here?