The LaCrosse Play-by-Play
News from Mrs. LaCrosse's 2nd Grade Classroom
I hope you had a wonderful week! We sure did! :) Can you believe third quarter ends a week from today? We are a week closer to becoming third graders!
You should have received a packet regarding math homework. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this.
Each morning, we are continuing to work on www.typing.com. It is amazing at how quickly the students are picking up their speed and accuracy with typing. If you haven't yet, please encourage your child to log on at home and show you his/her progress! :)
Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a wonderful weekend!
Please ask your child:
- Did you take any AR tests this week? How did you do?
- Tell me about your affix game. How do you play? Give me some examples of affixes!
- This week, you wrote a paper convincing the reader of the best season. What season did you choose? What were your reasons/details?
- What did you do to edit your paper?
- Tell me about Accelerated Math 2.0.
- Tell me about guided math groups. What activities have you done?
Please encourage your child's use of Accelerated Math 2.0 and IXL at home to support the learning at school!
Sum-it-up notes help students comprehend by making them pause, reflect, and write about what they just read.
It's fun to work with affixes!
Prefixes and suffixes galore!
The Week Ahead...
SPRING INTO SPRING BREAK!!! FUN DAYS AHEAD NEXT WEEK:
Monday: Spring Colors (BRIGHT clothes)
Tuesday: Sports Day (Wear sports gear)
Wednesday: Hat Day
Thursday: Sunglasses Day
Friday: Extra Recess Day & RELAX Day
Wednesday, 3/25: Chicago Steel Hockey 101/Score With Reading assembly! :)
Friday, 3/27: End of Quarter 3! Spring break begins--enjoy! :)
There is no school Monday, March 30-Friday, April 3 due to SPRING BREAK!