Sexually Transmitted Disease
What is Hepatitis?
Disease cause by HBV and is predominately located in the liver
What are the symptoms?
- Mild Fever
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal Pains
- Dark urine
- Yellowing of skin and the whites of eyes
There are 3 types: A, B, and C
How do you get Hepatitis A?
- Contaminated food or water
- Close contact with someone infected
How do you get Hepatitis B and C?
- Unprotected Sex
- Sharing of Needles
- Accidental Needle Sticks
- Mother to child
- In 2013, 80 were killed by Hepatitis A virus in the United States
- In 2013, 1,873 were killed by Hepatitis B virus in the United States
- In 2013, 19,368+ were killed by Hepatitis C virus in the United States
- For Hepatitis B, There are 700,000-1.4 million chronic cases in the United States
- For Hepatitis C, There are 2.7-3.9 million chronic cases in the United States