The Western Wall
The Old City of Jerusalem
Who is it sacred to
This picture is showing all of the different symbols for Jewish religion.
Why is it sacred
When Rome attacked they destroyed every thing excepted for the western wall before Rome attacked the western wall was all ready sacred to the Jewish religion then became even more sacred. At that point the western wall became the holiest place in Jerusalem.
How is it used in that religion
This picture is showing that they clean out these notes once a year.
- The western wall is also called the walling wall because of all the people that cried under it. Also called the Kotel.
- Over half the wall is under the street
- It has hidden canals and tunnels inside of the wall
- Every year people leave millions of notes in the wall some times even famous people
- The wall is a tan like yellow