Mrs. Tax's Kindergarten Class
Week of May 1, 2016
End of Year Assessments
Poppy Popcorn Claxton Fundraiser
News and Events
- Monday, May 2, through Friday, May 6, Teacher Appreciation Week
- Monday, May 16, through Friday, May 20, EOG Spirit Week
- Thursday, May 19, Potluck of Learning & Community Drum Circle from 5:30-8:00
- Friday, May 20, Spring Book Fair begins
- Tuesday, June 7, K Graduation at 9:00
- Wednesday, June 8, 5th Graduation at 9:00 Las Day of School!
What Are We Learning?
Students are working in small groups to learn new strategies to help them progress in reading. Our focus lessons are centered around several reading skills: reading nonsense words, being able to say all the sounds in a given word, and being able to retell a story and answer comprehension questions. We will continue to learn sight word phrases to help with fluency in reading.
We will finish Unit 4 this week and begin Unit 5. One new activity in Unit 5 is dictating sentences. I will say a sentence and the class will write it on their fundations white boards.
We will be reading Henry and Mudge books this week in preparation for our field trip to Diana Wortham Theater to see the performance. In writing, our class will draw and write about events in the book.
The students will be taking their math summatives throughout this week.