News from JBM
May 18, 2020
A note from Mr. Gott
We hope you had a wonderful week last week wrapping up with a beautiful day on Friday. I want to make sure as the weather gets warmer and seasonal, to spend some time outdoors and enjoy the fresh air. I also want to make sure you are reaching out to family and friends to talk when needed. Your teachers, counselors, Mrs. Mumley and I are always here if you simply want to talk. This is also true for our parents. I, as a parent, know the same struggles and understand the juggling that takes place at times.
We are all in this together, so feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions at email@example.com, or contacting our school at (302)659-6297 and leaving a message that will be sure to return your call throughout the week. We thank you for all of your support and everyone stay safe!
A note from Mrs. Mumley
I hope you all got outside and soaked in some sunshine this weekend! Hopefully you are all adjusting to our at-home learning opportunities and have found a way to streamline the learning process. Remember, students are required to complete and turn in 1 assignment per subject each week. See below for the methods of learning JBM has put in place.
We are actively planning for students to collect their items from our building and to collect items they may have such as books that belong to JBM. We will share our plans with all of you once they are finalized.
Please take care of your families and do what is best for you. We are here to support you in any way that we can. We truly miss all of our students and the life of our school. If you need anything, please call JBM and leave a message (302-659-6297) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sending you lots of love and positive thoughts.
At-Home Learning Opportunities
- Log into Google Classroom (email@example.com)
- Utilize the online newsletters - https://jbm.smyrna.k12.de.us/
- Pick up a printed packet from JBM
- Printed packets are available Monday mornings after 10am.
- Packets are located in the labeled bins under the Little Free Library outside of JBM's Main Office.
As needed, completed graded work can be turned into the clear bin outside of
JBM's Main Office.
Feel free to take a book and/or leave a book at our Little Free Library!
- Students will be graded on 1 assignment per subject each week.
- The completion of all activities throughout the week is encouraged as it will help your child practice and develop their understanding of the content.
- JBM is using Google Classroom as our primary means of supporting your child's learning during this time.
- You can access your child's Google Classroom by accepting the invitation from your child's teacher.
- Home Access Center is under construction by the district for now.
- We are working on a plan for your child to gather all of their belongings from JBM, as well as, yearbook distributions at the end of the year.
- Connect with us on our JBM PTO Facebook Page! Read alouds are posted daily at 7 pm.
- JBM's Virtual Counselor's Corner
- Smyrna School District Community Resources
- Smyrna School District Home Learning Resources
- 2019-2020 Modified School Calendar
- 2020-2021 School Calendar
- Here are some websites to help you with Google Classroom:
Parent and Caregiver Support Groups
A Seed of Hope Counseling Center is hosting weekly Parent/Caregiver Support Groups on Thursdays 6:30-7:30 pm, ends June 4, 2020
Come meet other parents and caregivers who are dealing with the effects of COVID 19
and how it is impacting them and their families. This is an open discussion for parents
and caregivers to discuss concerns, issues they are facing, and to gain support. The
group is hosted by an LCSW. We are all in this together!
Join Zoom Meeting:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85694112768?pwd=VnVkZlV3Tmd5YkJteFZ2Q3RDUzZGdz09
Meeting ID: 856 9411 2768 Password: 583559