BEA Rep Council Update
December 14th, 2015
Main Discussion Points at Current Meeting
2015 Super Conference Next Year
BEA Day at the Idaho Food Bank
Attend the NEA Representative Assembly as an IEA Delegate
The Representative Assembly (RA) takes place during the final four days of the Annual Meeting. It is the primary legislative and policymaking body of the Association and derives its powers from, and is responsible to, the membership.
MASTER TEACHER PREMIUM FAQ's
- A reminder that you can shop through Amazon Smiles! and they will donate to the IEA's Children's Fund. If you can't remember what charity you selected, go to your Account Settings and near the bottom there is a link for Your Charity.
- If you are also interested in Payroll Deduction, contact Randi Sinclair (Chair) at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- February is just around the corner and so is the Legislative Reception Stay tuned for the date and time and you can see photos from last year on the BEA's website.
- Reminder that your dues cannot be used for any political action, so if you would like to donate to PACE, please contact Allison Bigham (chair) at email@example.com.
- The Wellness Video is ready and will count towards your wellness plan. Make sure you attend the "screening" at your building and fill out or sign the attendance list to get credit for the viewing.
- Thanks to amazing outreach at schools across the district, we have 6 new ESP members. If you would like a social at your school, contact Gena Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A reminder that the committee has organized a volunteer day at the Idaho Foodbank on Saturday, Jan. 23rd. Click here to go to the Idaho Foodbank and register to join us.
- Coming up fast is both the Kids' Fair and Read Across America! Information on signing up for readers will be coming soon.
- If you are interested in joining or helping the PR Committee, please contact Amanda Shindle (email@example.com).
- We need YOU to be a delegate! Become a delegate and join the democratic process in the IEA. For information on the 2015 Delegate Assembly, click here. If you are interested, please contact Katie Tunca at Katie.Tunca@boiseschools.org.
- Want to represent our state on a larger scale? Then apply by filling out this resume to attend the NEA's Representative Assembly in Washington D.C., the largest democratic body in the country. Click here for more information about RA.