What is Challenge?
Students will analyze the causes of historical and current geological forces and their impact on society and the environment.
Students will explore the function and structure of the brain and understand the concepts of giftedness, patterns of learning, and multiple intelligences.
Students will explore the earth’s oceans and the diversity of life they support, and evaluate the impact of human activity on the health of the oceans.
Things to Remember
· Check your child’s take-home folder and sign it. Help them to remember to return it on their Challenge day.
· Talk to your child about what they are learning in the Challenge classroom.
· Check our Challenge schedule for details about lunch times.
· Challenge unit evaluations are part of their report cards.
· Monitor students at home when they are using the computer for Challenge research. The younger ones especially need guidance and help with searching for information.
· Students are able to bring a device to Challenge to help in our work. Helpful apps to have installed are a QR code reader, ThreeRing, Google Drive, and Canvas.
"The brighter you are, the more you have to learn."
– Dr. Linda K. Silverman