The magic of food coming alive...
Gobble Gobble YUM
A turkey made of apples
Snack on the GO!
Delicious and creative way to take a sandwich on the road.
Broccoli, Cauliflower, Tomato, and Yellow Squash
Fruits are packed with vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and many plant derived micronutrients. Not only are they a rainbow of color on our plate, they also help our bodies stay healthy and free of disease.
- Bananas: provide adequate levels of minerals like potassium, copper, magnesium, and manganese. Magnesium is essential for bone strengthening and has a cardiac-protective role as well.
- Kiwi: contains very good levels of vitamin-A, vitamin-E, vitamin-K and flavonoid anti-oxidants such as beta-carotene, lutein and xanthin. A great source of dietary fiber.
- Tangerines and Oranges: contain very good levels of vitamin-C and offer a great source of fiber, with help prevent cholesterol absorption in the gut.
- Grapes: contain resveratrol, which is one of the powerful anti-oxidant which has been found to play a protective role against cancers of colon and prostate, coronary heart disease, degenerative nerve disease, Alzheimer's disease and viral/ fungal infections.
Vegetables are a great low calorie and low fat way to make sure we get all the vitamins and minerals our bodies need to stay healthy and strong. Veggies are also a great source of fiber, which offer protection from conditions like chronic constipation, hemorrhoids, colon cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, and rectal fissures. A wide variety of veggies on our plates help our bodies develop all the right tools for us to thrive, living prosperous and enjoyable lives.
- Bell Peppers: laboratory studies on experimental mammals suggest that capsaicin, found in bell peppers, has anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic, analgesic and anti-diabetic properties. A rich source of vitamin-A and vitamin-C along with minerals like; iron, copper, zinc, potassium, manganese, magnesium, and selenium.
- Cauliflower: contains several anti-cancer phyto-chemicals that have been proven benefits against prostate, breast, cervical, colon, ovarian cancers due to cell growth inhibition from these properties. A great source of vitamin-C, vitamin-K, and B vitamins, along with minerals like; manganese, copper, iron, calcium and potassium.
- *Tomato: the pigment compounds found in this vegetable/fruit have antioxidant properties and take part in vision, maintain healthy mucus membranes and skin, and bone health. Rich in potassium and various B complex vitamins. The antioxidants present in tomatoes are scientifically found to be protective against cancers.
- Leafy Greens (Kale, Collards, Turnip Greens, Swiss Chard, Spinach, and lettuce): full of vitamins, minerals, and disease-fighting phytochemicals. Leafy greens also contain a lot of water, which helps keep you hydrated and contributes to beautiful skin and hair. Leafy greens are an excellent source of folate, which can reduce your risk ofcardiovascular disease and memoryloss. And since folate contributes to the production of serotonin, it may help ward off depression and improve mood.