FAC Weekly Update
January 17, 2020
Good afternoon, Fine Arts Center Family
I hope that you had a wonderful week! The 2nd Semester has begun - we are excited about new classes in the Visual Arts and new projects in all areas of study. Our musicians have been engaged in All-County/Region/All-State auditions as well. This process is of critical importance to the growth of our students - whether they achieve membership in an honor ensemble or not, the process of preparing for and engaging in an audition is essential to musical growth. We are proud of all of our students for taking the risk through this valuable process!
We hope you enjoy the long weekend ahead. Our students are encouraged to use their time on Monday in some sort of volunteer or community service activity. There is no better way to recognize the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. than through giving time and energy towards the betterment of others!
Here is the latest from the halls of the Fine Arts Center...
This Week's Student Leadership Lesson
“Two keys to help you be your best:
One - failure is not meant to define you; it is meant to refine you…Sometimes you have to lose a goal to find your destiny.
Two - ignore the critics…show up and do the work. You are here for a reason. You have a purpose and you are meant to share it.”
- Jon Gordon and Daniel Decker, STAY POSITIVE, page 15
- Violin - Julia Rhyne
- Viola - Phillip Rawlinson*
- Cello - Will Rawlinson*
- Bass - Abigail Byrd*
- Viola - Nadia Rhodes
- Bass - Ali Jennings*
The following Brass/Winds/Percussion students for successfully auditioning for All-County Band!
- Flute - Ian Scogin*, Bess Bridwell, Leonie Stollberg
- Oboe - Maxwell Canipe*
- Clarinet - Corey Schumacher*, Kendrick Miller
- Alto Saxophone - Landon Taylor
- Baritone Saxophone - Issac Lucas
- Trumpet - Elija Hicks*, Blake Childs
- Percussion - KJ Reynolds*, Adam Finkelstein, Liam Morgan, Lucas White, Asa Adomatis, Micahiah Corbitt, Preston Spisak (Timpani)
- Flute - Luna Riley, Abby Shipman
- Clarinet - Caleb Jiva, Matthew Revilla, Henri Pelletier
- Bass Clarinet - Holly Murray, Becca Szczepanski
- Alto Saxophone - Zach Sanderson
- Trumpet - David Hamme
- French Horn - Bennett Thomason*
- Trombone - Calvin Blessing
- Euphonium - Bella Mayo*
- Tuba - Tyler Bush
- Percussion - Jacob Shum, Keenan Dean
*Principal (1st Chair)
Don't Miss the FAC Snow Ball!
- The FAC Dance Committee would like to extend an invitation to our students to attend the SnowBall! This first-annual dance will be taking place on Saturday, January 25, from 7-9 pm, and will only cost 10 dollars to attend! The dress code is anything from casual to formal, whatever floats your boat! No permission slip is required for the dance. There will be food, friends, and a LOT of fun. Keep an eye on your email for a Google Form where you can nominate one of your friends for the Snow Court--you can nominate a boy or a girl for the position! Please keep in mind that this event is for FAC students ONLY. We can’t wait to see you there!
Jazz Concert Recordings
- High-quality recordings of the fall Jazz Concerts at the FAC are now available for purchase and download! Please click on the following link to the Jazz Studies homepage - https://sites.google.com/greenvilleschools.us/jazz-studies/home. Scroll to the middle of the page and read the directions. Then click on "Jazz Concert Recordings" to be redirected to the purchase page. Enjoy!
From the FAC pARTners
Event Ticketing Help
Please take a moment to help us with the ticketing process at one of our performances. The FAC pARTners have created a sign-up genius where you can select an event that works with your schedule - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e45ada82daafc1-2020. We greatly appreciate the donation of your time and energy to this vital process!
Please spread the word to your Greenville friends and family about our concerts, events, and performances!
- January 20: No School - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- January 23: Chamber Strings Concert, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- January 24: Report Cards go home
- January 25: Snow Ball (Winter Dance), 7:00-9:00 p.m., FAC Students Only
- February 13: Architecture Studio - Student Gallery Opening, 6:30 p.m. FAC Sheffield Wood Gallery
- February 19: Jazz Concert, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- February 26: Jazz Concert at Genevieve's (Peace Center), 7:00 p.m.
- February 26-March 1: Dance Studio Trip to National High School Dance Festival
- March 5: Jazz Concert, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall