The Sacred Acre
The Ed Thomas Story
1. In the darkest hour Ed Thomas gave the community hope.
2. Ed Thomas cared more about his community than his well being. He spent countless days using all of his energy helping people with little to no sleep.
3. Ed Thomas's dad was an alcoholic and he didn't let that stop him from being himself. He didn't look poorly off his dad either. He still had respect for him.
1. Ed Thomas lead Parkersburg out of disaster and everyone followed him.
2. He taught people how to be the best they could be. He cared about everyone from the star players to the players who never stepped on the field on a Friday night.
3. Ed Thomas lead by example. Former players called him on a regular bases to just ask him questions and ask for suggestions.