A Woodland Wildcat Always R.O.A.R.S.
September 17, 2021
- September 17: Avondale Homecoming Parade @ 5:30pm & Football Game @ 7pm
- September 24: Woodland Fun Run
- September 30: Early Dismissal @ 1:35pm
- October 4: Culver's Night @ 5-8pm
- October 18-22: Fall Intersession / NO SCHOOL
- October 25: Board Meeting at Woodland @ 6:30pm
- October 26: Parent-Teacher Conferences @ 4:30-8pm
- October 27: Picture Retake Day
- October 28: Early Dismissal @ 1:35pm
- October 29: Halloween Parties
A Note from Mrs. Schneider
Dear Woodland Families,
Last Friday, we had the return of our annual Family Picnic. It was a beautiful evening filled with family time, opportunities to meet the families of your child's new friends, and a time to relax and enjoy the sunshine. I need to give a huge shoutout to our awesome PTO and their crew of volunteers who made this happen.
Tonight, we have our Avondale Homecoming Parade. Thank you to the Gavin, Smith, Scrase, Brillhart, and Darovitz families who created our Woodland float. The theme this year is Neon. Feel free to join the Woodland crew to walk in the parade or just line up along the route for some Friday night fun.
Thank you so much to the following families for helping out in our lunchroom and out at lunch recess the past few weeks: Darovitz, Gross, Mendoza, Heuker, Donakowski, Rocha, Moreno- Rosales, Layton, Tyszka, Mladenovska, Hartley, Harville-Miller, Norfolk, Polamreddy, West, Brillhart, Istifo, & Ahn.
I am still in need of 1-2 paid lunch time supervisors. Please contact the office if you are interested in part time employment.
Have a nice weekend!
AHS Homecoming Parade & Game TONIGHT!!
Mom Squad Performance is at 6:40pm. Game time is 7pm.
Homecoming Queen & King Crowning at Halftime.
Students enter the North Gate, which is in front of the high school.
Admission is $5. No free admission to students.
Meet Dan Chynoweth, Avondale Director of Security and Transportation
Cub Scout Pack 1707
Learn more and sign up with Pack 1707 on Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 7pm at the First United Methodist Church of Troy, 6363 Livernois Road, Troy (next to Woodland). For more information, please contact Dan Moellering at (231) 881-4272 or email@example.com.
PTO News and Happenings
Woodland Fun Run
Woodland's Fun Run is our LARGEST and MOST IMPORTANT fundraiser of the year. This year, our Fun Run will be held next Friday, September 24th. Our goal is to raise $8,000. To reach our goal, we ask that each student try to raise $75 in Fun Run pledges, though we appreciate all pledges. We work hard to not overwhelm our families with a lot of fundraisers, so please consider participating by making a pledge to our Fun Run! Extra pledge sheets are available in the Main Office. Pledges can be made in cash, checks made out to Woodland PTO, or by credit card (woodland-pto.square.site). Class T-Shirts will be here for the students to wear at the Fun Run!
Free Money For Woodland
Avondale Theatre Company
Mary Poppins Cast
Cast A: (Thursday, Saturday shows)
Cast B: (Friday, Sunday shows)
CK Diggs Fundraiser
Parents, if you could send in a backup mask or two in your child's backpack, that would be helpful. We have a lot of incidents where the masks get dirty or the strings break. Thank you!
Parent Pick-Up and Dismissal Procedures
1. Pull as far up as possible. We should be able to get 12 cars in the lane at a time.
2. Make sure your child(ren) is/are ready to hop out once the cars come to a complete stop. (backpacks are ready, masks are in their hand ready to put on before they enter school, goodbyes)
3. Parents MUST stay in the vehicle. We can help if a student can't open the door. PLEASE DO NOT get out of your car and walk your child into the school.
4. As you are pulling out by the light, continue to pull as far forward as possible.
5. There is NO drop off or parking in the back. That is staff only parking.
All ELC and ECSE students have a separate entrance on the south end of the building. It is easy to go through drop off and then turn right into the small parking lot.
1. Make sure you have your car tag (hanging on rearview mirror) or on your dash, depending on the style you have.
2. Stay attentive--make sure you are ready to pull forward when it is your time.
3. Pull all the way forward to the end or as far as you can go (even if your child is standing in another spot.) We will call students to meet your vehicle.
4. If your child is having difficulty buckling their seat belt, pull forward and park before assisting.
5. There is NO parking in the back and walking to pick up students. That is staff only parking.
Cafeteria and Hot Lunch
All students (no forms required) are eligible to receive free lunch this year. If a child orders a 2nd lunch, they must pay the $3.50 charge. Money can be added to student accounts on Parent Portal.
Monday 9/20 - Cheese Pizza or Bean & Cheddar Chalupa
Tuesday 9/21 - Chicken Alfredo Pasta or SunButter & Jelly Sandwich
Wednesday 9/22 - Mini Corndogs & Tator Tots or Fruit & Yogurt Parfait
Thursday 9/23 - Cheeseburger or Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Friday 9/24 - Bosco Sticks w/Marinara Sauce or Turkey & Cheese Sub Sandwich