DCMS School Weekly Newsletter
February 6th-February 10th
Week in Glance
1. Our 8th Grade boys' basketball team will be playing against OB this Monday, February 6th, at Olive Branch in the District Tournament. Game time is 6:00 P.M.
2. Our 7th Grade boys' basketball team will be playing against HMS this Tuesday, February 7th, at OBMS. Game time is 6:00 P.M.
National Counselors' Week
DCS Middle School Basketball Tournament
The 8th grade tournament begins today, Monday, Feb 6th, at OBMS.
5pm game - 8th Girls OBMS (2) vs LCMS (3)
6pm game - 8th BOYS DCMS (2) vs OBMS (3)
7pm game - 8th Girls CHMS (1) vs HLMS (4)8pm game - 8th Boys HMS (1) vs SMS (4)
Tuesday, Feb 7th, will be 7th and 8th Championship games starting with 7th Girls at 5pm, 7th boys (DCMS vs HLMS) at 6pm, 8th Girls at 7pm and 8th boys at 8pm. All games will take place at OBMS.
Scheduling Meetings for 8th Grade Students
8th grade students/parents:
We are excited to welcome you to DeSoto Central High School! Please join us for scheduling meetings for your rising Freshmen where we will review course selection sheets, graduation options and more. All meetings will take place in the DeSoto Central High School cafeteria at 6:00 P.M.
March 2nd : last name A-G
March 6th : last name H-P
March 7th : last name Q-Z
If you are unable to attend one of the scheduling meetings, scheduling packets will be available in Ms. Gambill’s office beginning March 1st .
Blakely Dendy, Freshman Counselor
DCMS Cheer Interest Clinic
Any 6th or 7th grade girl interested in trying out for DCMS cheer is invited to a cheer interest clinic, Wednesday, March 1. Forms may be picked up from Mrs. Eldred in C1 or Ms. Pruett in C5. A current physical is required to participate.
February Monthly Coping Skills
State Test Proctors Needed!!!
Where: Desoto Central Middle School
When: April 25-28 & May 2-4
What is needed: We need volunteers to walk and monitor students as they take our state assessments. Walking long periods of time is required. No cell phone usage is allowed. Just watch and make sure all students stay on task as they complete their state assessments.
Training Dates: TBD – Will be some time in April. Exact dates will be sent out soon.
Please sign up on the link below or email Lacy Eldred (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested. Parents of 2023-2024 middle schoolers, who proctor, can pick a teacher for each day they proctor for the upcoming school year.
DCMS Spirit Rings
DCMS Beauty Review
Don’t miss out on your chance to order a copy of the 2022-2023 Desoto Central Middle School Yearbook. It’s the best way to remember this year's events, classmates, and friends. Order now!!!
Car Rider Line Reminders for Morning Drop-Off
- Please make sure to pull all the way forward when dropping off your child.
- If you are in the front of the drop-off line, please pull forward to the SPEED BUMP so we can unload as many students as possible at one time.
- Students will need to wait for DCMS staff to signal for them to exit the car.
- Students will need to exit the car on the right side. This allows us to see the students who need to cross the street.
- Please make sure your child has all of their belongings together so they can exit the car quickly.
Parents- For access to your child's schedule, attendance, and grades please make sure you have access to Parent Portal. If you need your password reset or a new account set up, please email a copy of your photo ID to email@example.com. Student login and passwords for PowerSchool are also printed on all report cards.
Covid Test and Quarantine Procedures
In an effort to make the process of notifying the school if your DCMS student tests positive for COVID-19 or if you are quarantining your child due to a household exposure, please use the links below. We hope this option helps to make this the process easier for our parents. Thank you for your continued support.