BHS Tiger News
Week of March 13, 2022
Belleville High School
Greetings, BHS Families, this is Week #8 of Semester 2. Belleville New Tech is NOW accepting new students for the 2022-23 school year. Belleville New Tech is our school within the larger high school, and offers a collaborative project-based learning environment. Want to know more about Belleville New Tech?
If you would like more information, contact Belleville New Tech Director Scott Wilsey at email@example.com or call 734-697-9453.
FREE or Low Cost Internet Services:
Attention Families, if you or someone you know could benefit from internet support, please visit https://www.internetessentials.com/ for more information on FREE or discounted internet services for families.
SENIORS - ROTARY SCHOLARSHIP & HBCU Roundup:
Two opportunities for Seniors: The Belleville Rotary Club is once again offering $5,000 scholarships, and the application deadline is March 31st! Also, the AKA Eta Iota Omega Chapter is hosting an HBCU Virtual Roundup on Saturday, March 19th from 11:00am-1:00pm which includes great information and prizes. See link below for flyer.
BELLEVILLE ROTARY CLUB STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
AKA ETA IOTA OMEGA CHAPTER HBCU Roundup flyer
SEEKING VOLUNTEERS - FIRST Robotics Competition
Belleville Robotics is hosting the FIRST Robotics Competition March 24-26 and is seeking volunteers for a variety of roles, some technical and some non-technical. Please see the Volunteer Descriptions page for more information FRC Volunteer Roles & Descriptions.
BHS Partners with Belleville Public Library:
It has been truly beneficial to have the Belleville Public Library so close as they offer library services to our students! However, please be aware that there are general regulations and terms of service in order to provide access. CLICK HERE for the letter that was sent through the district last week.
Important Dates and Upcoming Events:
March 14th: BHS Boys Basketball advances to Regionals (see Athletics below)
March 15th: Band Concert - Hill Auditorium (U of M)
March 16th: Tiger Parent Meeting is now IN PERSON (see StuCo info below)
March 19th: 11 am - 1 pm (Virtual event) HBCU Roundup Registration Link
March 24th-26th: BHS Hosts & Competes in FIRST Robotics Competition
March 25th: End of Marking Period 3
March 26th - April 3rd: SPRING BREAK
Have a purposeful week everyone, and GO TIGERS!
~ Principal Crockett, AP Mrs. Green, AP Mr. Roberson, AP Mr. Wright, BNT Director Mr. Wilsey, and AD Mr. Brodie
CONGRATULATIONS to BHS Boys Basketball as they won the District Championship over Ypsi Lincoln 49-40. They play 3/14 (tomorrow) AT Novi HS at 5:30 vs Ann Arbor Skyline. Tickets can be purchased online at: https://gofan.co/app/school/MI10044 Good Luck and Go Tigers!
BHS Community Athletics:
Our Tigers are currently working with students in grades 2-5 and grades 6-8 for Tigers Youth Softball Clinic on Saturdays. Not only are our athletes scholars, but they also support our Community!
Be a “Part of the Art” and help BHS have its very own Giant Helmet. Click Here: https://www.gianthelmet.com/football-helmet-fundraisers/giant-football-helmet-1-belleville-high-school
Student Council and SENIOR CLASS Information
- The Class of 2022 Senior Parent Meeting will be held in person in the Belleville High School commons (cafeteria) on Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. Information discussed at this meeting will include graduation, prom, senior party, credits, senior hours, and much more. From 6:00 p.m. till 7:00 p.m., vendors will be available, outside the commons, to assist with your graduation party needs.
- Prom passes are now available. Passes are due by March 16, 2022. Here is the link to the prom pass.
- Help is needed!! The BHS Student Council will be running the concession stand during the robotics competition on March 25 and 26, 2022. Help is needed on both Friday, March 25th and Saturday, March 26th from 7:00 a.m. till 7:00 p.m. If you are able to help, please complete the google form with your availability. https://bit.ly/34GEThG If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior yard signs will be available for pickup the 2nd week of April. An email will be sent out after spring break with more information.
- PROM! Senior Class of 2022 Prom will be held on Friday, May 20, 2022 from 7:00 p.m. till 11:00 p.m. at Laurel Manor in Livonia, Michigan. Tickets are available for purchase NOW through PaySchools until April 8, 2022.
- Spring Senior shirts, that have the names of all of the Class of 2022 Seniors listed on the back, are available for purchase NOW through PaySchools until April 8, 2022.
- Senior Party will be held on Saturday, May 21, 2022 at High Velocity beginning at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $20.00 and are available NOW through PaySchools until May 13, 2022.
- See the Class of 2022 link for updates on upcoming events including fundraisers, senior parent meetings, prom and senior party.
- Wednesday, March 23, 2022 there is a Dine to Donate fundraiser at Hungry Howies in Belleville for the Class of 2022 to benefit the Senior Party. You must mention Belleville High School when placing your order.
- Upcoming Dates: April 6, 2022 is the Senior VS Staff Basketball game and Thursday, May 5, 2022 is the Tuff Puff Volleyball game. More details to come.
From the Counseling Team
Spring Testing Information
ALL STUDENTS (Including BOS and ECA) will be participating in our Spring testing per the MIchigan Department of Education. There is no need to “opt in” or sign-up” this time.
Location: In the Main Gym (Schedule will be sent out soon).
Please note: Students with an IEP or 504 plan will have a separate email with dates that may differ slightly from the standard test dates below.
- Wednesday, April 13th: SAT (11th Grade) - NOTE: 12th grade students who did NOT take it last year and would like to, please complete this form: SAT Seniors
- Thursday, April 14th: ACT WorkKeys (11th)
- Friday, April 15th : PSAT 10
- Monday April, 18th : PSAT 8/9
M-Step: April 11th - May 8th: Testing window in 11th grade Science and Social Studies classrooms. ECA, BOS. We will finalize dates this week so you can plan on transportation for that day.
AP Testing: First 2 weeks in May (Deadline to pay and order and exam is Monday, March 14th at Midnight) Pay here
Great News! The Michigan Priority FAFSA Deadline has been extended to May 1st! If you have not completed the FAFSA, please do so ASAP! See your counselor or the college advisor for more information and assistance.
New scholarships were added to our scholarship page this week! Please click on the link below to see new scholarship opportunities.
Seniors, take time this weekend to apply for the Belleville Rotary Scholarship worth $5,000!!! This is a huge contribution from our community to your future education. The deadline for this scholarship is March 31, 2022.
Here are a few scholarships with approaching deadlines. Apply today!
- Detroit Economic Club Society- 3/15/22
- Clement Insurance LLC Scholarship- 3/28/22
- Belleville Rotary Scholarship- 3/31/22
- Edgemont Elementary PTO- 3/31/22
- Advantage One Credit Union- 3/31/22
- Avomeen STEM Scholarships- 4/1/22
- Michigan Retailers Association Scholarship Program- 4/1/22
- Society of Women Engineers - Josie Rewald Memorial Community College Scholarship- 4/1/22
- The Donovan Xavier Baker Scholarship Fund- 4/1/22
- Robert A. Hill, Jr. Scholarship- 4/4/22
- Rawsonville PTO Scholarship- 4/4/22
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. - Starlett Burrell Scholarship- 4/8/22
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. - Vision Fair Foundation Scholarship- 4/8/22
- McBride Middle School Student Council Scholarship- 4/8/22
- Legacy of Excellence-Belleville, Inc.- 4/15/22
- 2022 NHS Scholarship- 4/15/22
- Keystone Academy and Perseverance Scholarship- 4/15/22
- National Association of Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club of Michigan 2022 Scholarship- 4/15/22
- SET SEG Foundation Skilled Trade Scholarship- 4/15/22
- WiseGeek Women in STEM Scholarship- 4/16/22