Husky Headlines DHE Family Edition
August 26th- 30th
Mr. Holt's Notes
- Doors open @ 7:40am and Tardy Bell/Instruction begins at 8:10am. Thank you for making sure students are at DHE by 8:10am and ready for instruction.
- Breakfast ends at 8:05am. Food is energy, and learning requires energy. If eating at school please arrive early.
- WE READ- Each and Every Day! President Harry Truman said, "not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers." Thank you for supporting student success by modeling and encouraging reading at home as well as at school. We know our DHE students are going to be the leaders of their generation, we expect nothing less.
- Students and staff only in the cafeteria in the mornings starting Monday.
- Lunch Visitors- If you come visit your kiddo at lunch we have a special table setup for you and your child to eat at.
- Staff are assigned to the front foyer to greet students and monitor for student safety.
- If exiting your vehicle during arrival or dismissal times, please park in the parking lot.
- All visitors entering the building will be asked to check in through our visitor management system called HALLPASS.
- Non-food items may be sent to classroom but no food items are allowed per SPS Wellness guidelines
- Birthday Selfie- Mr. Holt takes a birthday selfie with all student and posts to DHE social media (unless you have signed the media block form)
- Students are celebrated at Rise and Shine, on morning announcements, and with a birthday selfie.
- Upcoming PTA Meeting: August 26th @ 3:30 in the DHE Library
- Please signup for directory through PTA- This is the only way you will be able to contact other families. The school can not share any contact information. (Password- 2019)
- Visit the DHE/PTA website here.
- DHE Spirit Wear order deadline is September 2nd online, August 30th by paper. Paper copies were distributed in backpacks this week. Online orders are preferred but paper forms with payment/money can be returned to PTA doghouse or teacher.
Recognizing DHE Teachers and Staff:
- One of the great things we do here at DHE is celebrate teachers and staff. If you would like to have your child’s teacher or someone else be recognized, please click HERE to do that.
Sign Up for Elite Feet
ELITE FEET RUNNING CLUB with Mr. Zimmerman
Attention parents, Mr. Zimmerman would enjoy having your child join the Elite Feet Running Club team at Harrison. We meet from 3-4pm behind school. Practice for 3-4th grade is Mondays beginning Aug 26th and K-2nd grade is Thursdays beginning Sept 12th. Everyone enrolled in the program is automatically signed up for the Basspro Zombie Run. You do not have to be enrolled in after school SPARC to join the team. Mr. Zimmerman accepts late registrations. So don’t fret over the deadline. Talk to your child about joining Running Club today!