High School Diploma Program
Swartz Creek Academy
Our High School Diploma Program is a 21st Century opportunity for students to earn their High School Diploma.
- Within the Swartz Creek Community School District, it holds the rigor and requirements of the standards mandated by the Michigan Merit Curriculum and Differentiated Instruction.
- The Swartz Creek Academy will be running on semesters and will utilize the Michigan Department of Education Seat Time Waiver.
- Each student will have a full schedule of 6 classes, 3 or more will be online. One of the classes will be Career and EDP related.
- We will be using Odysseyware as our online provider with certified teachers supporting the curriculum.
- Students will have the option of taking Math in a traditional setting as well as online.
- Students will also have the option of utilizing the Genesee Career Institute.
- Each student will have a Mentor (Homeroom teacher) that will monitor and hold students accountable for all course progress, course scores, attendance, and Seat Time Waiver compliant requirements.
- The daily schedule will be run on two options according to commitment and accountability. Please see link below for details.
- The Swartz Creek Academy Diploma is a minimum of 20 credits including Michigan Merit Curriculum required courses.
- Integrated in technology and global learning,our pupils are Students Taking Academic Responsibility - S.T.A.R.