Richey's First Take
Connecting with Families
September 4, 2022
From the Principal's desk.....
Last week was a great start to the school year. Thank you to our students, teachers, and family members who contributed to the overall success of the start of the school year. It feels great to have the students back in the building. The students were learning about procedures and expectations throughout the week. We will start to dive into more academics this week.
Gregg Johnson, Principal
Michelle Burrows, Assistant Principal
Doors close at 9:00 am. You are considered late after 9:00 am.
Students need to arrive by 9:00 am so they are not late for class.
Please do not drop off your students before 8:45 am and leave. We will not have adult supervision out front until 8:45 am.
Our families did a really great job of staying in their car. We will have adults out front that can support our students in getting out of the cars. Thank you for your support with this.
Car Rider Dismissal
Please make sure we are respecting our neighbors. Please make sure that you are not blocking any driveways during the dismissal process.
Car Tags- Make sure you have the number facing out the windshield so that we can get the number as you are coming into the carline.
Walker and Independent Walker Dismissal
Walker students - These students are getting picked up by a guardian that has a number placard. These parents need to be on the sidewalk with the number placard so we can see the number. That way we can call the number and release the student to the parent.
Independent Walker students - These students are being released without a guardian present. They will always be dismissed in sibling groups if they have siblings. If you are a parent who is waiting for an independent walker we ask you to stand on the walking path in front of the garden, separate from the parents who are waiting with their number placards.
Parents who forget their numbered placard will be asked to go to the main office to show ID.
Red Clay Block Party
From the Red Clay Office of Technology
- All students in grades 3-12 will be assigned a Chromebook for the 22/23 school year, the Chromebooks will travel back and forth from home/school daily with many students in grades 3-12.
- All students in K-2 will have Chromebooks that normally remain at school in carts.
- Kindergarten carts will contain a ratio of 1:2 (1 Chromebook for every 2 students).
- All students/parents for grades 3-12 must complete the 1. Chromebook Agreement and 2. Pay the $20 Protection Plan Fee every year. No protection plan fee will be collected from K-2 students since the Chromebooks remain in school.
Red Clay Student Handbook/Student Code of Conduct
The student code of conduct has been revised and approved by the board. Below is the link to the Red Clay Student Handbook.
On Friday we received the paper copies. We will be sending the paper copies home with your student(s) this week.
Where's the bus App
Wouldn’t it be great if you could learn the exact location of your child’s bus, and what time it will arrive at their stop? Red Clay has an app for that! WheresTheBusTM allows families to follow the progress of the bus before it arrives at the student’s assigned stop. Knowing when the bus will arrive translates into peace of mind for parents. Mornings are less hectic and stressful for families when you eliminate the bus stop rush and uncertainty of wondering when the bus will arrive. Families can minimize waiting outside in inclement weather while enjoying more family time together.
- The app also allows parents to see in real-time where the bus is and when their student checked in on the bus and off of the bus. This allows parents to know that the student has arrived at school in the morning and returned home in the afternoon.
Signing up is free, and takes less than 5 minutes.
1. Open the Parents Section (on the Left).
2. Click Set Up Free Account
3. Select Red Clay School District (DE) from the drop-down list.
4. Enter Parent and Student information
5. Once Completed, you will receive an email to download the app.