The Eagle's Nest
Week of September 6, 2021
Happy Sunday Eagles!
Welcome to Week 3 at Clyde Erwin!
We had many parents attend our Afterschool Arts Academy Registration Night. Thank you all for coming and completing the paperwork. Confirmation letters will go home this week.
This year we will be focusing on a character trait monthly. Students will nominate a classmate that demonstrates that trait in their class to be the Eagle of the Month. Those students and their families will be invited to our Eagle of the Month breakfast and their picture will be displayed in our hallway. This month we are focusing on respect. Please encourage your child to practice showing respect daily with their peers, teachers, and at home. They are excited for this new opportunity.
We are looking for parents to join our Strategic Planning Team! This team meets monthly and works together to set goals for the school, identify new initiatives, and sets the direction for the year. Parents may attend in person or virtually. Our first meeting is on Wednesday, September 15. Please let Dr. Howard know if you are interested. You may call the school, send a DOJO message or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our first Fall Festival Planning Meeting will be on Wednesday, September 8 at 5pm. Please meet us in the media center, we'll have a Zoom link for those who are unable to attend face to face. We look forward to seeing everyone to plan a fun event for our students.
We have five important reminders for you this week:
1. Monday is Labor Day and there's no school for students.
2. Wednesday, September 8 is our Beginning of Grade test for third graders. Students should arrive on time and be well rested. It's also our first Fall Festival Planning Meeting at 5pm in the media center.
3. The front of the school is reserved for bus drop offs and walkers, car riders should be dropped off in the rear of the school. They need to wait for a staff member to assist them out of the car and always depart from the passenger side.
4. Our first bell rings at 7:30am and the tardy bell rings 8:00am. Please make sure you arrive on time, every day.
5. Breakfast and lunch are free for all students this year.
21-22 COVID Protocols
During their meeting on Tuesday, August 10, 2021, the Onslow County Board of Education unanimously approved 2021-2022 COVID-19 Protocols and Practices.
The link below outlines those practices which will be followed by OCS during the 2021-2022 school year.
Bus Transportation Information
Please follow this link for Information on bus numbers, stops, and times. Updated bus routes for the 2021-22 school year will be posted by August 19.
21-22 School Fees
*You may pay in person at Open House, as well.
Fees not paid continue to accrue year to year. If you are unable to pay your child's fees, please see your teacher for a fee waiver. Please note this fee waiver does not waive field trip fees.