September 19, 2016
It's go time!
As I reflect on last week, I feel like a proud mom! I really want to shout from the roof top about this staff's dedication and commitment to all students. The conversations from last Wednesday were filled with purpose and passion, and I thank you for that! I can't wait to see the commitments, goals and actions come to life. I am giddy with excitement to brag about each of you during Dr. Troxell's school visit on Monday. Selected students will showcase the great things happening at RRDG during a guided tour. These students are so proud of River Ridge, they would need a whole week instead of one hour!
Feel proud of all that you do on a daily basis and shine!
- Sunday, September 18th: Happy Birthday to Michelle Johnson
- Monday, September 19th: Dr. Troxell's visit from 11 - 12.
- Tuesday, September 20th: RTI Tier 3: 2:00 - 4:00; Shelley off campus 8-11
- Wednesday, September 21st; Progress Reports Due; Leadership Meeting 2:00 - 4:00; Wear WHITE for Kinder White Day
- Thursday, September 22nd: Tier 2 during planning (3-5)
- Friday, September 23rd: 7:50 Fire Dill - No Bell Sounded
- Sunday, September 25th: Happy Birthday to Gwen Zambito
Future Important Events added to the calendar:
Thursday, October 6th: WATCH D.O.G. kick off Pizza Night - 6:30 - 7:30
Friday, October 21st: Fall Rattler Fest
Friday, November 4th: International Day
Thursday, Dec. 8th: CRMS Winter Band/Choir Concert @ 1:30
DATE CHANGE REMINDER:
We are changing the date for our November Rattler P.R.I.D.E. assembly! Instead of November 18th, we will gather together on November 11th for a special Veteran's Day Assembly led by Mr. Smith and our fabulous students of RRDG!
Announcements & Celebrations
- Please make sure one team member fills this out for Spanish if you have not done so already! https://docs.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkN6VOA4U08x-Je1B03Tke0LJqi8jcaui4wY5PjaEY6BiYBA/viewform
- We are looking to add more structure to WATCH DOG scheduling! Be on the lookout for a surevy from Gareth to get input on scheduling times for each team.
- Just a reminder...if you have not signed the electronic handbook, please do so ASAP. We have many people that still haven't completed the process. Here is the link in case you need it! https://handbook.leanderisd.org
- The Continuous Improvement Institute is a great opportunity to extend your learning with great tools you can use in the classroom. There will more than likely be a school hosting in Steiner. Please consider joining me!
We are excited to once again offer the Continuous Improvement Institute to LISD faculty and staff! This institute is focused on sharing our Continuous Improvement philosophy and tools, developing and implementing your own PDSA cycle, and collaborating with other LISD employees as you strive to grow professionally. We will have small groups meeting at various locations around the district to meet the needs of all employees, whether you are a classroom teacher or non-instructional staff.
Sign-up today in Eduphoria!