2021-2022 - Friday, September 17, 2021
From the Principal:
Our first grading period progress reports became available to view this past Friday. To view your child's progress report please visit your Parent Access Account: https://pac.conroeisd.net/
Once logged in you will be promoted to electronically sign to then view the progress report. Only 37% of our parents have viewed the first progress report.
This same process will be used for each progress report and for the first three report cards each school year.
Parent Access is also a wonderful way to keep up with grades throughout the grading period. You can even set email reminders for when grades are entered with a selected score.
Wishing you a joyful upcoming weekend,!
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:45 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- Students are considered tardy if not in classroom seat by the 8:50 tardy bell
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:30 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:30 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:35 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Wednesday, September 22nd
- Read for a Better Life
Wednesday, September 29th
- Virtual GT Parent Information Meeting 5:30 PM
Wednesday, October 6th
- PTO Spirit Night - Torchy's Tacos
Thursday, October 7th
- End of First Grading Period
Friday, October 8th and Monday, October 11th
- Student Holiday
Thursday, October 28th
- Class Pictures & Yearbook Picture Make-Up/Re-Take
Monday, November 22nd - Friday, November 26th
- Thanksgiving Break
Friday, December 17th
- Student Early Dismissal
- Last Day of Second Grading Period
Monday, December 20th - Tuesday, January 4th
- Winter Break
Mrs. Cucinotta's Updates:
I have been overwhelmed with the Collins community and how students and families have welcomed me. It is a joy and honor to be a part of your child’s education and partner together with you in your child’s educational journey.
My goal is to be present for students and their families as they navigate through adolescence and provide support for all students.
This video was recently shared with me by a dear friend and reminded me of some of the student issues arising on campus. The novelty of entering a new grade with different teachers is starting to wear off as students are getting to know their peers. This is powerful stuff! Please take two minutes to watch this with your Collins student and discuss the power of words as a family. Kindness Experiment
Make Up Picture Day
Virtual Collins GT Parent Info Night
Wednesday, Sep. 29th, 5:30pm
This is an online event.
Meeting ID: 847 3535 6573
Nurse Kendall Update
Per reestablished TEA rules, students living in the same household with a Covid positive person must quarantine 10-14 days from date of last contact. Please contact the school if your student must quarantine.
We have begun 5th grade vision and hearing screening. If you do not hear from us, that means your student passed
COVID-19 Positive Self-Report
The parents now can self-report their students' Covid positives. We ask that you please self-report your child's positive Covid tests.
The process is:
- Sign on to student's SSO
- Click on Covid Central
- Click on Self Report
- Enter information
- The app will generate a return to school date through an email
- The app will email the school nurse and will let the nurse know that the parent requested contact from the nurse if the parent requested contact
Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan
Self-Prescreening: To ensure the health and safety of all students and staff, all individuals should conduct self pre-screening for COVID-19 symptoms. Individuals waiting for COVID-19 test results due to symptoms or individuals currently experiencing any of the symptoms listed that are new and/or not normal for them, should stay home and consider seeking medical care and/or COVID-19 testing. Symptoms consistent with COVID-19 include:
- cough or shortness of breath
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- significant muscle pain or body aches
- loss of taste or smell in the last 10 days
- diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0F
- No employee, student, or visitor is required to wear a mask or face covering.
- All employees, students, and visitors are encouraged to wear a mask or face covering.
- The CDC recommends all individuals wear a mask or face covering in public settings, at events and gatherings, and anywhere they will be around other people during periods when there are high levels of community spread.
- Conroe ISD expects all students, employees, and visitors to respect the choice of others regarding the wearing of masks or face coverings.
We want to celebrate the heritage and culture of our students at Collins! When we share our story, we develop empathy and understanding for each other, and create a positive school culture. Throughout the year, there are opportunities to share through our KCOL video announcements. Typically, KCOL Crew members create slideshows, videos, and graphics to share during announcements. If your family/student would like to share a special aspect of your heritage/culture, please complete the form: http://tiny.conroeisd.net/a9utG and you will be contacted so that we can share a part of your family’s culture and heritage!
Here are 2 videos that may help you as you work at home with Google Slides!
Formatting text and text boxes: https://youtu.be/Cz7qMl4rejU
Adding images and giving credit, layering with text boxes: https://youtu.be/Cz7qMl4rejU
More helpful videos can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/c/KellieLahey01
PTO Membership and School Spirit Shirts
Go to www.collinsmembershiptoolkit.com and join the PTO today! By joining the PTO you will gain access to our secure online directory as well as be “in the know with PTO.” Have you purchased your spirit wear yet? Order today so your child can show their Cobra Pride!
In addition to our 2021-2022 spiritwear shirts (shown above), we now have “vintage” spirit wear available to purchase on the webstore! You don’t want to miss out on some great deals!
Yearbooks on Sale NOW!
Calling all PTO Volunteers!
Calling all Volunteers! Fill out the google form using the link below to let the PTO know your availability and areas of interest.
October Spirit Night
Torchy’s October 6th, 5-8 pm. Be on the lookout for details in the coming weeks.
Thank you parents of LC 6-5 for your wonderful donations for our Collins Friday Fun Cart.
Wednesday, January 5th
- First Day of the Second Semester
Monday, January 17th
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - School Holiday
Thursday, January 28th
- Club and Group Picture Day
- Spring Individual Picture Day
Friday, February 18th - Monday, February 21st
- Student Holiday (President's Day 2/21/22)
Thursday, March 10th
- End of Third Grading Period
Friday, March 11th - Friday, March 18th
- Spring Break
Friday, April 15th - Monday, April 18th
- School Holiday
Tuesday, May 10th
- 6th STAAR Math
- 5th STAAR Math Retest
Wednesday, May 11th
- 6th STAAR Reading
- 5th STAAR Reading Retest
Thursday, May 12th
- 5th STAAR Science
- 6th STAAR Test Make-Up
Friday, May 13th
- 5th and 6th STAAR Test Make-Up
Thursday, May 26th
- Last Day of School - Student Early Dismissal
- End of Fourth Grading Period
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.