Ammended: May 14
Final SEL Days
16th: Mentoring Day
24th: Community Circle (designed by SEL task force)
Results of Staff Voice (Time)
1. Collaborative planning with the instructional coach with same grade, same content area to create proficiency scales and unit plans based on the priority standards.
2. Creating common assessments and common scoring guides to match proficiency scales.
3. Analyzing data from common assessments/other assessments using common scoring guides to calibrate feedback and next steps for instruction.
Double Plan Days
We will keep double-plan on Mondays and Fridays. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday you will have single plan. We will focus our energy on the three areas above.
There will be a built-in vertical planning day once per month per content area that will not interfere with your 10 planning periods. We're building it into the Level Up/Tutorial Time.
We will do this on a voluntary basis with the use of subs next year.
63% said keep them
37% said combine into one hour
We'll continue our 15 minute faculty circles plus one hour of faculty meeting time per month. I schedule the hours so you know in advance when they are.
Using Flex Time This Summer
84% said they'd be in favor of this
16% said it would rock their boat
We'll move forward with this plan. You all will be able to schedule the time with Stacie and I. We'll get back to you on this.
May 29: At Ballyshannon. Proficiency Scales and Unit Plans for Mastery Learning. We'll start at 7:30 and end at 2:30.
May 30: Closing Day
Summer: Create Unit 1 with Flex Time
June 10 and 11: Principals, Instructional Coaches, Counselors attend Taking Action: RTI at Work by Solution Tree to roll out RTI 2.0 for Middle Schools next year.
August 12: Opening Day
August 13: Behavior RTI (PBIS) and Model Classrooms
Scavenger Hunt Grading
Reporting EOC Data
Any child who has a 0, 0.5, 1, or 1.5--look at the EOC to determine if you can move them up a mastery level. DO NOT USE THE DATA TO MOVE KIDS DOWN. Up only.
This week is 15 minutes: End of year PD and Summer PD
K-Prep Schedule: May 13 and 14
May 15th: Normal Schedule
EOC Schedule: May 16, 17, 20, 22, 23
May 17th-23rd is an EOC schedule. No SEL.
May 24th...stay tuned...we'll try to fill your time.
No movie theater day on the 23rd. It will be on the 24th.
THIS WEEK AT BALLY FOR STAFF
James and I are trying to be in the cafe every day during 5th.
If you need us during that time, that's where you'll find us.
- Testing for 7th and 8th
- Testing for 8th
- ELA Focus Meeting after school
- Kegley out today
- Lunch out for color run kids
- Science Focus Meeting
- Erika at UK Next Gen Summit?? I have no clue what this is??
- Stacie out today. Coach day.