Winter 2023 Highlights
Out of the 43 schools in the Green Hills Area Education Agency territory, Treynor is one of 4 school districts in which all of their schools are rated as High Performing on the Iowa School Performance Profiles.
Compared to the state and local AEA Treynor’s proficiency average was above in Math, ELA, and Science in all grades 3-11 in the Iowa Statewide Assessment of Student Progress (ISASP).
The class of 2022 was above the state average in all four areas of college readiness (English Composition, Social Sciences, College Algebra, and Biology).
Treynor's average ACT score, which measures a student's readiness for college, was a 26 according to Niche.
Our Middle School Chose Kindness!
Jazz Band Continues on a Historical Path
Vanguard Caps Off Season with High Ratings
A Tradition of Athletic Excellence
Girls Wrestling Celebrates First Year - Cardinals Qualify for State!
Congratulations to Addie Minahan, Andyn White, Emerson Gregg, and Emma Miller for qualifying for the first-ever girls state wrestling tournament!
Treynor Athletes Commit to College Athletics
Treynor Alumni Currently Competing At College Level
- Madelyn Deitchler (Sr.) - Briar Cliff Basketball
- Sydni Huisman (Sr.) - Central College Softball
- Jerry Jorgenson (Sr.) - Nebraska Track and Field
- Konnor Sudmann (Sr.) - Briar Cliff Basketball
- Tori Castle (Jr) - NWMS Cross Country and Track
- Brock Fox (Jr.) - Augustana University Football
- Jacob Keay (Jr) - Wartburg College Track and Field
- Alyssa Kellar (Jr.) - University of Nebraska Omaha Soccer
- Nathan McCombs (Jr.) - Central College Baseball
- Drew Petersen (Jr) - Briar Cliff Baseball
- Evyn Eblen (So.) - Northwestern College Soccer
- Noah James (So.) - Iowa University Track & Field
- Lucy Thiel (So) - Midland University Track and Field
- Brock Wallace (So) - Southeastern Community College Baseball
- Emma Flathers (Fr.) - DMACC Volleyball
- James Huisman (Fr.) - Central College Football
- Maddie Lewis (Fr.) - Concordia University Volleyball
- Thomas Schwartz (Fr.) - Morehead State University Football
- Lillia Williams (Fr.) - Simpson Track
Treynor Staff Are Raising the Red "C"
Mr. Alex Herrington
received the "Raising the Red C" award in October. Mr. Herrington works hard to help students find their love for science and STEM!
Mrs. Andrea Saar
was the November winner of the "Raising the Red C" award. Her nomination described her as exemplifying true leadership characteristics for her colleagues and students.
Mrs. Shelly Bailey
received the "Raising the Red C" award in December. Her nominator wrote "tireless worker who is always willing to go the extra mile to help those in need".