Handy Ways to Keep you Out of Trouble
What is plagiarism?
- Using someone's words, ideas, photos, or videos without giving the author credit.
- Unintentional plagiarism is still plagiarism! Even if you didn't mean to plagiarize, there are still consequences.
How can I avoid plagiarizing?
- Give yourself enough time to complete an assignment. You'll be less tempted to take shortcuts if you have planned ahead.
- Stay organized - write down your sources as you research so you don't have to find your sources again later.
- Use the note sheets for research! They will keep your sources and research information all in one place.
- Be sure to ask a librarian if you have any questions.