We are all the Same Inside
Hearing Loss or Deafness By: Fernando & Corey
5 Key Facts
- 20% of adults in the U.S. (48 million) report some degrees of hearing loss
- About 2-3 of every 1,000 children are hard of hearing or deaf
- At age 65, one out of three people has a hearing loss
- Degrees of hearing loss: Mild, Moderate, Severe, Profound
- 60% of people with hearing loss are either in a work force or in educational settings
- Link: http://www.hearingloss.org/content/basic-facts-about-hearing-loss
3 Words of Advice
- Get a hearing dog. Site: http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/deaf-awareness/Tips+for+communicating+with+a+deaf+person
- Sign Language Site: http://www.deaf-first.org.uk/comm-tips.html
- Hearing Aids Site: http://www.hearingloss.org/content/basic-facts-about-hearing-loss
Helps deaf people by getting their attention.
Sign Language Chart
Language deaf people use to speak.
Deaf are loved by God too.