Excellence In All We Do.
September 6, 2019
Have you liked us on Facebook, yet? If not, visit https://www.facebook.com/lagovistavikings/ to get timely info on happenings at LVHS.
More of an Instagram person? Follow us @lago_vista_high_school_texas
The week in pictures...
Weren't you just in Kindergarten?
Noah goes back to his roots with his trip today to LVES to meet with and mentor students in the same classroom he was in ten years ago.
LVHS teachers spent Tuesday revisiting engagement strategies and discussing ways to support our students in special programs.
Over the Rainbow
Students in chemistry used different solutions to test their hypothesis on the make up of each.
Weren't you just in Kindergarten?
Spell it out
Our first pep rally was a success! Specifically for the junior and sophomore class who won the class battles.
Dillon shows off his latest project in construction class. Quality work, as usual!
Head, shoulders, knees, and toes
Student creating life-size drawings of the characters from Antigone so they can have “conversations” with them next week.
Spell it out
Gold Out day
Our kids showed their Viking Pride today by dressing in gold to support our teams playing tonight!
Working hard now
Students in Mr. Garcia's English 3 class work on their "World on a Turtle's Back" project, which has them creating their own original creation myth.
Steven and Landin get ready for their daily trip during advisory making students with early A lunch very happy!
Gold Out day
Working hard now
AP Deadline Approaching….
Attention all AP students and parents, all AP exams will need to be ordered by October 1st this year. This is a HUGE change from past years. Please pick up your order forms from your teacher during class. All completed order forms and payments need to be returned to Mrs. Mumme by Oct 1st. If you have any questions about the ordering process or forms, see your AP teacher or Ms. Mumme ASAP!
Class Ring Orders
Herff Jones will be on campus to promote this special event on the following upcoming dates:
Junior class information meeting: Thursday, September 12, during advisory
1st Ring order day: Friday, September 20, during lunch
Make sure you & your student take advantage of this special on-campus order time.
Congrats new NHS officers
Presidents Haily Pham and Monsie Martinez
VPs: Aurora Castillo and Thomas Hristov
Secretary: Schuyler Burke
Treasurer: Emily Pieklik
Historian: Izta Cantera
We will be inducting new members from the 10th, 11th and 12th grade later this semester.
Medications need to be kept with the nurse
Just a quick reminder that students are not supposed to carry medication with them at school (exceptions are inhaler/EPI pen). If your student must carry an inhaler or EPI pen, you will need to complete new permission forms for the 2019-2020 school year.
If you would like to keep over-the-counter meds (sent to us in the original container) in the clinic, you will also need to complete new permission forms.
You can review our Medication Administration policy HERE before sending medications to school.
Click here to download the school medication permission form.
Click for the form needed in order for your child to carry their inhaler with them.
Click here for the form that allows your child to carry and self-administer their own Epi-Pen.
Please print, fill out and sign the appropriate form(s) shown above. You can then choose to bring it in directly or fax it to the school.
- Elementary FAX 512-267-8326
- Intermediate FAX 512-267-8363
- Middle School FAX 512-267-8329
- High School FAX 512-267-8330
These forms are good for the current school year only.
Don't Forget to Turn In Your Child's Free & Reduced-Price Lunch Application!
Football stadium rules
1. All LVES and LVIS students must be accompanied by an adult guardian in order to attend Lago Vista High School varsity football home games. The students must remain under the supervision of that guardian at all times while at the stadium. Students are not permitted on the practice field at any point during football games.
2. Standing, loitering, or horseplay under and around the stadium stands, concession stands, or any other area is prohibited. Revealing, provocative and/or inappropriate dress will not be allowed, nor will inappropriate behaviors or foul language. Repeat offenders will be required to leave the stadium and campus.
3. Once inside the stadium, middle school and high school students with a student ticket will be allowed to sit in the designated student area on the home side of the stadium. Students may sit in the reserved or general admission sections only if they are under the supervision of an adult guardian.
4. The use of alcohol, controlled substances, tobacco, and vapes are prohibited on school premises.
5. Outside food and drinks are not permitted inside the gates. We have a wonderful Booster Club that provides a full concession stand of food and drinks for you to purchase throughout the game.
Lago Vista ISD appreciates everyone’s cooperation and support as we work to keep a safe and enjoyable environment at Viking football games.
pep rallies and theme days for this fall:
Warnings, tickets, and towing will be issued for vehicles without permits beginning the week of August 26.
Tickets for the steak dinner are available at Tutta Italiana, ISD Admin Office or email@example.com.
Progress Reports out next week
Teachers have until Wednesday at 3:30 pm to input your student's average from the 1st three weeks of the school year. On Tuesday morning, you will receive an email from LVISD reminding you to check your student's grades in TxConnect. This grade in TxConnect is your student's official three week progress report grade.
Students do not lose eligibility for UIL activities during this progress report check. This grade will only be an average. Please check your student's grades on Canvas OR set up a parent account using the directions below:
Our schoolwide attendance goal for this year is 97%. Our state funding is based on the percentage of students at school at 10:15 am every day. Higher attendance rate = more money for resources for your student.
For students who exceed our 96% goal, we are planning some more exciting rewards this year, such as a movie in the PAC, Kona Ice, and exam exemptions!
For students who miss school, here is some very important attendance information:
3 or more unexcused absences in a 4 week period - warning letter sent home and phone call from the principal.
10 or more unexcused absences in a 6 month period - truancy charges are filed. Parent, student and school administrator will be summoned to appear in truancy court.
Our campus goal is to reach 97% attendance each day.
Thanks for your support!
Dress Code Review
1. Clothing should be of the appropriate size.
a. Clothing must not be baggy or saggy, worn low on the body, nor drag on the ground.
b. Clothing must not be overly form fitting or tight.
2. Pictures, emblems or writings on student attire, jewelry, and/or tattoos must be appropriate for the school environment. No messages and/or graphics that are vulgar, offensive, obscene, libelous, or that denigrate others on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
a. No messages and/or graphics that include depictions of or references to profanity,
prohibited substances (e.g., alcohol, drugs, tobacco, etc.), obscenity, sexual
connotations, gangs, inappropriate language, inappropriate pictures, inappropriate
gestures, death, and/or depictions of violent images.
3. See-through/sheer material is ONLY permitted when worn over an article of clothing that is dress code compliant.
4. Students will be expected to be in compliance with the dress code while standing or sitting.
5. Proper undergarments should be worn, but undergarments must not be visible. Garters and garter belts are considered undergarments.
6. No pajamas, sleepwear, or house slippers of any kind, except for designated days such as theme or character days approved by the campus administration.
7. Mustaches, beards, and sideburns must be well groomed. Grooming is at the discretion of the principal.
Bottoms (Dresses, Skirts, Shorts, and Pants)
8. All bottoms must fit around the waist and be properly fastened.
9. Dresses, skirts, shorts, and other non-uniform clothing must be of sufficient length to allow for performing normal school functions without immodest exposure. Any garment, regardless of what it is called, must cover all skin above the middle of the thigh.
10. Spandex shorts, tights, and leggings are allowed ONLY with an outer garment that meets the middle of the thigh requirement.
11. No rips or holes that are excessive or placed above the middle of the thigh.
Shirts and Blouses
12. Shirts must be buttoned properly.
13. Sleeveless shirts and modest tank tops that provide appropriate coverage are permitted.
a. No tank tops or dresses with “spaghetti straps” (thin shoulder straps over otherwise
b. Sleeveless tops must fit appropriately under the arm. No “muscle shirts”.
14. No strapless, spaghetti-strap, backless, halter, one-shoulder, or off-the-shoulder tops.
15. No clothing that reveals bare midriffs and/or bare backs. Midriffs must be fully covered at all times (even when arms are raised).
16. No low cut necklines (which reveal cleavage or the chest area).
17. No hats, caps, and/or hoods may be worn inside during the academic school day, except for designated days such as theme or character days approved by the campus administration.
18. No bandannas, rags, gloves, kerchiefs, or gang-related decorative articles.
19. No hanging wallet chains, chain belts, handcuffs, sharp/heavy rings, or other metal spiked or metal-studded studded accessories.
20. No visible body piercings, with the exception of earrings.
21. No sunglasses may be worn in school buildings without specific recommendation from a doctor.
22. No shoes that mark the floor or “wheelies”.
23. No trench coats.
StayAlert System Reminder
Users may anonymously report concerns 24-7-365 via the StayALERT website, an e-mail, a phone call to a recorded and monitored line, or via a text message from a cell phone. Photos and video clips pertaining to the StayALERT report may be included. No special app required! Reportable information will be forwarded in a timely manner to a pre-designated school official for review.
To make a report, use one of the methods below:
Call or Text: (206) 406-6485
To whom should i talk to about...
Immunizations, illnesses, medications: Our nurse Kathryn_Azevedo@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extention 5506
Registration, Transcripts: Our registrar, Tyra_Becker@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5503
Student Emotional Support, College Readiness, Student Schedules: Our counselor, Meghin_Huerta@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5504
Career and Tech Readiness: Our CTE Counselor, Elanna_Hylander@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5510
Homecoming parade and Meet the teacher night
The city of Lago Vista is planning a HOMECOMING PARADE!
Teachers will be available at the end of the parade route from 6:00 - 7:30 pm on Wednesday, September 18, to meet with parents and students. There will be free hotdogs for our students and their families, compliments of Northlake Bible Church. Students who attend with a parent will earn a free homework pass! Come support our school during homecoming week and meet these teachers your students have been talking about. It's a win-win!