My dream job
Mental Health Therapist
Most of these occupations require graduate school. For example, they may require a master's degree, and some require a Ph.D., M.D., or J.D. Employees may need some on-the-job training, but most of these occupations assume that the person will already have the required skills, knowledge, work-related experience, and/or training.
The high yearly wage for Arkansas is 68,160 dollars
The median yearly wage for Arkansas is 48,540 dollars
The low yearly wage for Arkansas is 30,770 dollars
- Maintain confidentiality of records related to clients' treatment
- Encourage clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives, helping them to develop insight into themselves or their relationships.
- Collect information about clients through interviews, observation, or tests.
- Assess patients for risk of suicide attempts
- Fill out and maintain client-related paperwork, including federal- and state-mandated forms, clients diagnostic records, and progress notes.
- Therapy and counseling
- Customer and personal service
- sociology and anthropology
- English language
- Education and training
- Philosophy and Theology
- Law and government
- Administration and management
- Active listening
- Social perceptiveness
- Service orientation
- Critical tinking