Sacred Heart Weekly Update
March 8, 2021
WOW! Thank you for participating in our 1st Fish Fry. We served over 350 people!
Our online ordering site is now ready for online orders for Friday, March 12th.
Read-a-thon 2021 March 8-22
Help us Reach Our School Goal $13,000
Individual Student Goal $80.00
March 3-9th – If your child’s PledgeStar account is set up by March 10th, then your child’s name will be entered in a drawing for a chance to win a Target gift card or a poster from the Book Fair.
· Click “Not Registered For This Year’s Event”.
· Enter parent name and parent email address, then click “Submit”.
· Follow the instructions on-screen to register student(s).
· When you finish, the system emails pledge requests to your family and friends, and allows them to make secure credit card donations online. You get notified each time a pledge is made, and you can track your pledge progress online.
· Please call 1-888-598-7510 if you need help on PledgeStar.
· Note: Parents may turn in cash/checks to the school office at a specified time and we will add to your PledgeStar account.
****Our goal is to read every day in school and at home.
March 8 – Team Up With A Good Book
Principal Dempsey decision: Wear your favorite team jersey and read a good book.
Ms. Dempsey had a conflict today and she will resume her principal duties soon.
March 10- Sock It To Reading/Stop Drop and Read
Wear bright, colorful, silly socks and slippers with your school uniform
to support literacy! Listen to announcements and be ready to Stop Drop and Read.
March 12 –Hats off for reading
Wear your favorite hat to school with your school uniform and share a good book with the class.
March 15 -Zoom Buddy Read Aloud Day.
Classes join together to read our favorite stories using Zoom.
March 17– Flashlight Reading & and Wear green for St. Patrick’s Day
Bring a flashlight to school and read your book.
March 19 – Dr. Seuss on the Loose Virtual Magic Show
Share one of your favorite books with your class.
Students receive a magnetic Dr. Seuss bookmark.
March 22 -Last day of Read-a-thon
Dress as your favorite book character (fiction or Non-fiction)
Your classmates will try to guess who you are!
*** A special treat for the students will be provided by our PTC Group. Thank you PTC!
Scholastic Book Fair March 8-12 Marian Rooms
Students will shop with their class during library time.
Open book fair times: Monday/Thursday 2:00-2:30 pm. Friday 4-7pm during fish fry pick up.
***These times are set aside if you wish to shop with your child. More information will be coming home with your child detailing how to shop at the book fair and support our school library.
Book Fair 2021
Important information for our Book Fair, held March 8-12
Students can shop during school hours using their eWallet. We will have a record of their eWallet account, they won’t need to bring anything to shop. The fair will also be open after school Monday and Thursday for parents to shop with their child. It will also be open Friday March 12th from 4-7pm during Fish Fry pick up.
- Contactless Checkout: With Book Fair eWallet, a convenient digital payment account, your child can shop the Fair cash-free. And now grandparents, friends, and others can contribute to the eWallet to help build your home library! All purchases made during the Fair will bring our school 25% in cash to purchase books and supplies for our school library. This year only eWallet, checks, credit cards will be accepted, no cash. eWallet funds that are left can be spent at our online fair or used the following year. When a student's balance drops to less than $2 the balance will be donated to the All For Books to purchase books for the school library.
- Shop Online: Experience the Book Fair fun by visiting our Book Fair online! You can shop over 6,000 products — and all orders ship directly to your home (with free shipping on book-only orders over $25*)!
All purchases made during the Fair will bring our school 25% in rewards.
- Support our School library and classroom libraries: Teachers have set up an eWallet to use funds to purchase books for their classroom.
Visit our Book Fair homepage to learn more and get started with eWallet and online shopping:
Sacred Heart Catholic School
Looking for Volunteers for Fish Fry on March 12, 19, 26
1. Brownies--Cut brownies and put in individual bags. Time: During the day each Friday on March 12, 19, 26 (7-2 pm). Need 2 people.
2. Runners for Take-out orders---Run the ticket orders to front table in gathering space. Middle schoolers can volunteer as well. Need 4 people each Friday on March 12, 19, 26 from 4:30-7:00 pm.
Please email Karen Bursey if you if your are interested. We could really use the help!
Congratulations to our C-STEM Fair winners
Sign up for Conferences--Thursday, March 18th 2:30-7:00 pm
Please reserve a spot on SignUp-
Fish Fry dinners-March 12, 19, 26 4:30- 7:00 pm. TAKE-OUT ONLY AT DOOR 8!
We are encouraging all families to pre-order their meals online https://one.bidpal.net/fishfry
Or phone your order in by calling the parish office 763-537-4561 or order when you arrive at door 8.
We accept cash, checks, or credit cards.
Fish Fillet, baked potato, green beans, garlic bread, brownie $13.00
Large spaghetti, garlic bread, brownie $12.00
Spaghetti, garlic bread, brownie $6.00
Fish Fillet, green beans, brownie $6.00
****Kids 3 and under eat free.
Please support our fish fry this year. All proceeds benefit Sacred Heart Catholic School.
Traveling out of state
If students/staff travel out of state, then one of the following will be required:
1. Students/staff may return after 7 days as long as a COVID test is taken 3-5 days after returning from your trip and the test is negative.
2. Students/staff may return after 14 days if NO COVID test was taken after you returned from your trip.
NEW from CDC for adults, including staff that have been vaccinated:
If teachers and staff have completed the COVID-19 vaccine (two doses in a two-dose series or one dose in a one dose series) will NOT need to quarantine if they are identified as close contacts as long as all of the following are true:
- The COVID-19 exposure was at least 14 days after their vaccination series was fully completed.
- The COVID-19 exposure was within 90 days of their final dose of the vaccination series.
- They do not currently have any symptoms of COVID-19.
Tentative Robbinsdale School Calendar 2021-2022
Gerten's Spring Plant Fundraiser 2021 Spring is just around the corner.
This year, we decided to transition to online ordering and paying by credit card. Profits will be 30% of total sales. So this is the last chance you have to fulfill your $300 fundraising commitment per child.
Customers will log into the Gerten's website, enter our school code 145, scroll through the photos/descriptions of plants and check out using a credit card. At check out, customers will write in your child's name so you receive credit for the order. We have perennials, annuals, vegetables, planters and hanging baskets.
Pass the website and school code to your family and friends.
www.gertensfundraising.com School Code--145
Delivery Date: May 6th---Just in time for Mother's Day
A few samples of some of the Gerten's plants available
Stations of the Cross Schedule during Lent
March 12- 6th grade leads (Grades 4,5,8 attend)
March 19-8th grade LIVING STATIONS at 11:45 am and 1:00 pm (all grades will attend)
March 19 6:00 pm Living Stations for all visitors. NOTE CHANGE IN TIME.
March 26- 7th grade leads (Grades 1,2,3 attend)
Please help us spread the word about Sacred Heart Catholic School
There are many dissatisfied families in the Robbinsdale School District and we want to share the success Sacred Heart has had this school year We are so fortunate to have our school doors open, welcoming our students each morning. Plus we have the additional $150 incentive for all new kindergarteners that register before January 31, 2020. See below.
Week at a Glance
Principal for the day--Ms. Charlotte Dempsey
Non-uniform day--Team Jersey Day for kick-off of our read-a-thon
Mass Grades 3/4
Mass Grades 1/7
Mass Grades 2/5
Mass Grades 6/8
Report cards available at 2 pm
Fish Fry---TAKE-OUT ONLY 4:30-7:00 PM Door 8
Become a 2021 Fish Fry Donor
The cost of a case of fish is $70.00 PLUS you receive two free dinners.
You may also designate your donation in honor or memory of a special loved one. The names will be posted in our parish gathering space.
Mark your calendar---No School on the following dates
Monday, April 12--Staff Development Day
Friday, May 7-Staff Development Day
Monday, May 31--Memorial Day
Friday, May 28--Last Day for 8th grade
Thursday, June 3-Last day of School, 11:00 a.m. Dismissal
Amazon Smile-Please support our school!
Church of the Sacred Heart, Minneapolis
How do I shop at AmazonSmile?To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com on your web browser or activate AmazonSmile on your Amazon Shopping app on your iOS or Android phone (found under settings on your app). On your browser, you may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile. When you’re using the app, always check for the “AmazonSmile” logo to ensure you’re activated for AmazonSmile.
Box Tops for Education-Thank you for scanning.
Find the Box Tops for Education app and search for Sacred Heart by our zip code---55422.
Sacred Heart Catholic School Mission Statement
Sacred Heart Catholic School is committed to instilling high moral standards rooted in Catholic teachings. We are dedicated to educating the whole child through an integrated C-STEM curriculum. In collaboration with our families, parish, and local community, we maximize individual potential to ensure students are prepared to meet the challenges in the world as disciples of Jesus.