May, 1 2020
Powerschool-Missing Assignments (Grades 9-11)
FHS Staff is here to help, please let us know if there are any issues.
Michigan History Days Virtual Awards Ceremony
Saturday May 9 at 3pm there will be a virtual awards ceremony for Michigan History Day's State Finals. It will also be recorded and available on YouTube afterward. It's expected that the ceremony will last about an hour. To access the live video, visit the Michigan History Day YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCscqLlufYHX3SLmu9Zoptg. Once there, go to the “Videos” tab under the channel name. Under the Videos tab, there is an Uploads display name with a drop-down arrow on the right side. Click on the drop-down arrow next to “Uploads” and select “Live streams.” The Awards Ceremony scheduled live stream is located on that page, titled “2020 State Finals Awards Ceremony.”
From Fraser High School:
- Taylor Frazier for her exhibit Heroes Aren’t Born, They’re Made: How Stan Lee Broke Barriers
- Faith Aloia, Vanessa Ellis, Alisha Gentz and Francesca Palazzolo for their exhibit The Flint Sit-Down Strike: Breaking Bargaining Barriers
- Mercedes Cross for her website The Barrier That Couldn’t Be Broken: The Navajo Code
- Nolan Pieprzyk and Shannon McMenamin for their performance Breaking Barriers Towards Fair Labor: General Motors and the Flint Sit-Down Strike
- Nolan and Shannon have already qualified for the national contest. Only 2 high school performance groups submitted projects and the top 2 groups are selected to compete at nationals.
2020 Rambler Yearbook is still happening!
You can order online. The books should arrive near the end of May. Distribution details will depend on how access to the building plays out for June. With this being a historic year I am sure the book will sell out as it has in the past couple years.
Use this link to order on line now:
Graduation Sign Pickup
Tuesday, May 5th, 11am-2pm
34270 Garfield Road
*If you ordered a sign or personalized sign from the All Night Party, that sign will also be available on this date. Some of these orders were not processed because of the Stay Home Order.