November 8 - 12
Car Rider Tags
Students must have masks for small group instruction and cooperative learning groups!
We want all students interacting in cooperative learning. Please send in a mask with your student to wear during small group instruction and cooperative learning groups.
A Reminder from Nurse Kim
** The 24 hour policy is still a district policy. Regardless if you are in test-to-stay program. If your child has a fever, vomiting or diarrhea - they will need to be free of those for 24 hours without fever reducing medication to return to school. PLEASE do not send your child to school sick.
** We are missing A LOT of required health documents! Even if your child is an online student they are still enrolled in Mercer Co. Schools and the same documents are required. PLEASE get ALL required documents turned in ASAP. If you have an appointment scheduled for a physical, vision or dental exam please call Nurse Kim at 733-7040 or e-mail the date of appointment and your child's name to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** If your phone number or address has changed PLEASE go into Infinite Campus and update those. It is very important that we have all updated information to get a hold of someone in case of emergency or illness.
Transportation Changes and Excuses
Transportation changes MUST be sent BEFORE 2 p.m. to ensure students transportation is correct.
All doctor and parent notes must be sent to email@example.com.
MCES Christmas Pictures will be taken, Tuesday, November 30th.
These are PRE-ORDER ONLY. Only those students who pre-order will take Christmas pictures. We will send out the link to pre-order next week.
Title 1 Family Nights
Kindergarten- Tuesday, December 7th 5:30-6:30
First Grade- Wednesday, December 8th 5:30-6:30
Second Grade- Thursday, December 9th 5:30-6:30
We will discuss what Title I is, our school curriculum, and what we are doing academically to support students at all levels.
There will be a virtual option for families who would are not able to attend in person.
School Based Decision Making Council (SBDM)
SBDM Members: Kaitlin Main- Parent Rep, Lee Wilson- Parent Rep, Nicky Keller- Teacher Rep, Patrick Webb- Teacher Rep, and April Wilhoite- Teacher Rep.
Change of Clothing
Clothing is available on an emergency basis, but supply is limited. If the FRC does not have your child's size and clothing is not in their backpack; a call home to bring clothing will be necessary. Thank you for your help.
Chromebook Repair Fees
Click the link to view the current repair fees for Chromebooks and chargers.
School Wide Parties
Our next party is our Winter Party on December 17.
Breakfast and Lunch are FREE
School breakfast and lunch are offered daily. All meals are free for students.
● Due to federal meal guidelines, restaurant food/meals are not permitted at school for BREAKFAST or LUNCH.
● Students may bring lunches from home, however glass containers and carbonated beverages are not permitted.
Please keep Infinite Campus (IC) Updated
Also, if you have an address change or a phone number change, please update those in IC as soon as possible.
If you need assistance logging into IC, please contact the office @ 859-733-7040.
MCES PTO has an Amazon Smile Account. If you shop on Amazon, you can earn money for our school at NO extra cost to you!
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES FOR CAR RIDERS
● Student drop off begins at 7:25 a.m. Please be aware that traffic begins to back up around 7:35 a.m. Students not in their classrooms by 8:00 a.m. are tardy.
● Students should be ready to exit the vehicle quickly via the passenger side doors near the sidewalk when given the go-ahead by school staff.
● For safety reasons, do not go around other cars to exit the line.
● For safety reasons, drivers should not get out the vehicle.
● Do not use your cell phone while you are in the line. Distractions are a safety issue.
● Please carefully utilize both lanes at the bottom circle to avoid traffic back up on Tapp Road.
● MCES staff will open the car door for those students who need assistance.