Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl
1. Reading as many of the books as possible
2. Practicing with team members once a week from October - January
3. Formulating questions and answers for books read
4. Taking AR tests for books read
The team will be chosen in mid-November.
Students will use this classroom to type questions and answers to the books.
2020-2021 Book List**
- Creech, Sharon. Saving Winslow.
- DiCamillo, Kate. Louisiana’s Way Home.
- Kelly, Lynne. Song for a Whale.
- Korman, Gordon. The Unteachables.
- Magoon, Kekla. Season of Styx Malone.
- McDunn, Gillian. Caterpillar Summer.
- Raúf, Onjali Q. The Boy at the Back of the Class.
- Savage, Melissa. Lemons.
- Swender, Jennifer. Solving for M.
- Watson, Renée. Some Places More than Others.
Even if you are not planning on joining the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl team, these books are fantastic! They are all nominated for the upcoming Georgia Children's Book Award for 2020-2021.
Where can we find the books?
eRead Kids and Overdrive - through Class Pass in myBackpack
Amazon - shop for Sarah Smith