Second Grade Weekly Newsletter
This week we are learning:
Spelling: There will be no spelling this week.
Writing: Students will finish publishing their non-fiction, animal research writing.
Reading: Students will discuss the importance of characters.
Science/Social Studies: Students will discuss different ethnic/cultural celebrations.
Please make sure all adults who plan to join us for the party have RSVP'd by noon on the December 15. This greatly helps the front office!
We are so very excited to announce that we will be taking our second grade field trip on January 27, 2023 to the Dallas World Aquarium. Your child will be bringing home a packet of papers to be filled out and returned no later than January 6th. In the packet you will find an information sheet, permission slip, and sack lunch order form.
CISD Volunteer Application- required for all chaperones
12/12 Wrapped Holiday Socks Due
12/12 Polar Express Day
12/16 Dragon Pride Reading Logs and Service Projects Due
12/16 Holiday Party- 12:40
12/16 Spirit Shop OPEN 10-1pm
12/19 to 1/3 NO SCHOOL
1/6 Dragon Pride Assembly
1/6 Field Trip Forms and Payments due
Our weekly homework schedule is listed below:
Tuesdays: Math Worksheet- Due Wednesday
Thursdays: Study for Spelling Test
Everyday: 20 mins. of Reading
7:30 Bell rings
7:45 Announcement/Morning Work
9:55-10:40 Snack/Phonics/Start Writing
10:40-10:55 Recess 1
12:40-1:00 Read Aloud
2:00-2:15 Pack Up/Start Social Studies/Science
2:15-2:30 Recess 2
2:30-2:55 Science/Social Studies
CISD Safety and Security
- Please be sure to check your child's green take home folder daily for notes. We will also use the calendar inside to communicate any issues that may have occurred during the day.
- Please remember to check your Wednesday folder email, weekly, for important CES information.
- If you need to make a change the way your child is getting home, please send your child's teacher an email or note. If it is a change that needs to happen that day and you do not get a response from the teacher, please call the office and they will let your child's teacher know.
- Our lunch is late in the day. Please send one healthy, simple, finger food (no spoons or forks) snack to eat while working. The snack may not contain nuts or be produced in the same facility as other products with nuts.
- Remember to wear athletic shoes on PE days or bring some to change into.
- Please make sure to check your child's lunch account fund.
- Please contact the office and teacher to report your child's absence to ensure the absence is recorded correctly.
- If your emergency contact information changes, be sure to let your teacher know as well as make changes in Skyward.
- Birthday treats can be store bought(must be made in a nut free facility). Please check them in with the office when dropping them off.
2nd Grade Teachers:
2B Cassidy Corso- email@example.com
2C Lauren Luke- firstname.lastname@example.org
2D Michelle Rowland- email@example.com
2E Lynley McBride- firstname.lastname@example.org
2F Hannah Davenport- email@example.com