Second Grade Weekly Newsletter
This week we are learning:
Writing: We will learn how to paraphrase information from a non-fiction text into our own words.
Spelling: We will learn words with the short and long -a sound.
Phonics: We will focus on the endings of words. For Patterns of Power, we will focus on adverbs that convey time.
Math: Students will begin studying money and the value of coins.
Science/Social Studies: In social studies this week we will learn about saving ad spending. In science, students will identify and compare the properties of natural sources of freshwater nd saltwater.
February 5th: Valentines Treats due (more information to come)
February 11th: Valentines Party
February 12th: Bad Weather Day
February 15th: No school for kids
February 26th: Half Day/asynchronous learning
March 10 & 11: Class Picture Day
Face to Face Schedule:
Recess: 10:45-11:00 and 2:25-2:40
Homework: Your child will have a homework assignment on Tuesday and Thursday nights in addition to reading 20 minutes. On Tuesday nights your child will be assigned a math homework page and on Thursday evenings and your child should study for their spelling assessment on Friday.
Supply Fee: Please don't forget to pay your $11 supply fee located in skyward. This fee helps us provide paper supplies for your child and is greatly appreciated!
Wednesday Folders: Don't forget to check your Wednesday folder email weekly for important CES information.
District Counselors K-6 Newsletter:https://www.smore.com/a1gdc
- Virtual Learners: Please view Encore Guidelines. Your child is required to complete their Encore schedule each week. These classes will receive a grade on your students report card.
- If you need to make a change the way your child is getting home, please send your child's teacher. If it is a change that needs to happen that day and you do not get a response from the teacher, please call the office and they will let your child's teacher know.
- Our lunch is late in the day. Please send a healthy, simple, finger food (no spoons or forks) snack to eat while working. The snack may not contain nuts or be produced in the same facility as other products with nuts.
- Remember to wear athletic shoes on PE days (or bring some to change into)
- Please make sure to check your child's lunch account fund.
- Please contact the office to report your child's absence to ensure the absence is recorded correctly.
- If your emergency contact information changes, be sure to let your teacher know as well as make changes in Skyward.
- Birthday treats must be purchased through the CES cafeteria this year.
2nd Grade Teachers:
2B Jessica Echols- email@example.com
2C Jill Ryon- firstname.lastname@example.org
2D Michelle Rowland- email@example.com
2E Lynley McBride- firstname.lastname@example.org
2F Hannah Baumgartner- email@example.com