Black-Eyed Susan Book Award
What is the Black-Eyed Susan Book Award?
It is a kid's choice award in which students read nominated books and vote for their favorites. After tallying the votes from students throughout the state of Maryland, one is declared a winner! Visit the Maryland Association of School Librarians website to learn more about the award and view past winners. This award has been in place since 1992!
At the elementary school level, we can participate in 3 categories:
- the picture book award for grades K-3
- the chapter book award for grades 4-6
- the graphic novel category for grades 4-6.
Want to participate and help choose the winner? Follow these guidelines for voting:
- For the picture book category (grades K-3rd), read at least 8 of the 15 nominated books.
- For the chapter book category (grades 4th-5th), read at least 3 of the 10 nominated books.
- For the graphic novel category (grades 4th-5th), read at least 3 of the nominated books.
Ask Mrs. Siderius for more info!
Picture used with permission from Pixabay. (https://pixabay.com/photos/black-eyed-susan-flower-flowers-314640/)
Visit our Virtual Bookshelves to see the nominees and click to read them on SORA!
Picture Book Nominees
Chapter Book Nominees
Graphic Novel Nominees