The Mata Memo
September 13, 2022
Dear Mata family,
Can you believe we are already at week 5? Thank you for coming out today for Open House to hear directly from your teachers! We are so thankful that you are willing to partner with us for the betterment of your children.
Please join us this Friday for a Virtual Community Coffee and Title I meeting. (The information is below.)
Thank you for continuing to support us in our efforts to ensure your students succeed socially, emotionally, and academically.
Calendar at A Glance
Sept 14th - Show Up! DISD with a Western Twist "Show up wearing your favorite western attire"
Sept. 14th - Girl Scouts Recruitment Meeting 6:30 PM
Sept. 16th - Title I and Info and Community Coffee with the Principals 8:30 (Virtually)
Sept. 19th-23rd- Education: Go Get IT Week!
Sept 20th- Students are invited to wear college shirts with uniform bottoms.
Sept. 21st - Show Up! Dress Up! Represent your Culture "Show up dressed in clothing from your culture.
Sept. 22nd - Students may dress as their future Career
Sept. 28th - Show Up! Character Celebrity Day! Show up dressed as your favorite celebrity or book character!
Attendance Awareness Month
Attendance Awareness Month runs through the end of September. It is a month that Dallas ISD dedicates to showing how attendance is essential to school success. Now that we are back in school it is important to encourage good school attendance. Let’s begin by helping our students build good routines, increase engagement, and support learning throughout the students' journey here in Dallas ISD.
Below you will find Dr. Elizalde, Superintendents of Schools video regarding September Attendance Awareness Month. Please enjoy the video below!
What's Happening Around Mata Montessori?
Show Up! Attendance Day!
Mata Middle School Cheer Camp!
Community Coffee and Title I
Meeting ID: 839 9852 6090
Parent Needs Assessment
The Counseling Department is looking forward to supporting your scholar's social-emotional, academic, and career development growth this year. Could you please complete this brief survey to help us plan and develop quality programs that best meets the needs of your scholar and family. Your input is valuable and your responses are anonymous. Thank you for your time!
2022-2023 Parent Needs Assessment
Message from PTA
The PTA has a new Google Calendar
Check out on our website: https://matamontessoripta.membershiptoolkit.com/calendar
You can Synchronize to your calendar app using this link:
Recess Volunteers Needed!
Buy your spirit wear from the Eagle Wagon!
Spirit wear may be worn with jeans on Fridays
Thank you for your patience while we organize our current on hand inventory.
For new shirts, more colors, expanded sizing and embroidered options plus delivery to your home see our PTA’s online fundraising store https://matamontessori.itemorder.com/shop/home/
Mata Game Night!
Mark your calendars for Mata Game Night on September 17 from 4-6pm! We’ll have fun games for all ages. Visit matamontessoripta.membershiptoolkit.com to RSVP and sign up to volunteer or lend us your games! This is a FREE event sponsored by Mata PTA.
¡Marque sus calendarios para Noche de Juegos en Mata el 17 de septiembre de 4 a 6pm! Tendremos juegos divertidos para todas las edades. Visita matamontessoripta.membershiptoolkit.com para confirmer su asistencia y regístrate para ser voluntario o préstanos sus juegos! Este es un evento GRATUITO patrocinado por Mata PTA.
Attendance Awareness Month!
Join Girl Scouts!
Drop Off and Pick Up Information
- Please drop off Pre-K-K students on the La Vista drive nearest the library. Students will report directly to their homeroom class. 1st- 6th Grade students may be dropped off at the main entrance. 7th -8th Grade students may be dropped off at the cafeteria entrance.
- Prek-K students will report directly to class. Staff will be available to help students transition to their classroom. Our 1st-3rd grade students will report to the gym, 4th-6th will report to the auditorium, and 7th-8th grade students will report to the cafeteria between 7:30-7:45 AM. All students arriving after 7:45 will report directly to class.
- If you have multiple children, you may drop them off at the site for the youngest child.
- For safety, the back drive will be closed in the mornings.
Students must wear uniforms (white, hunter green, or navy blue polo shirt and black, navy, or khaki uniform bottoms.) Students must wear athletic shoes, loafers, dress shoes, or other closed-toe, closed-heel shoes. Closed-toe and open-heel mules are allowed.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided, however, students may bring their lunch if they choose. Please send ready-to-eat meals. (A microwave will not be available for student use.)
After School Pick Up:
Carpool Pickup will be at the main entrance nearest the office. You will be given a carpool sign to use at pick-up daily. Please be patient with dismissal procedures and traffic, as we will be working to ensure the safety of all students.
Prek-K will be dismissed outside the main entrance beginning at 3:10.
1st-3rd will be dismissed from the door by the auditorium at 3:15.
4th-6th will be dismissed at the back of the school near the compass on the new drive at 3:15.
7th-8th will be dismissed at the back of the school near the middle school pods at 3:15.
Students in grades 4-8 will join with their siblings outside the main entrance.
All cars will proceed down LaVista Dr. to the furthest entry past the school building. You will make a right turn into the drive nearest the apartments. You will remain in your car and show your sign to Mata staff. We will call for your child as you drive around the wraparound drive. Keep your child's tag showing until your child(ren) is brought to your car. When leaving the drive, turn left to circle under the bridge and proceed to the traffic light.
If riding a bus, please send information regarding your child's bus stop and location to the teacher. Bus pick-up is located on the main drive parallel to Grand. Please do not park in this driveway.
We offer afterschool care through the YMCA. Please see the flyers below for details.
Need Uniform Assistance: See below!
You may request one free uniform per student if needed.
Ecollect Forms are accessed from your PowerSchool account. No separate login is necessary. Forms are tied to your child’s record and can be accessed from the Forms link in the left navigation column. To access the forms, you will need a PowerSchool Parent Account with all your students added to it.
- Go to https://dallasisd.powerschool.com/public/home.html to log in to your PowerSchool Parent Portal Account.
- Once logged in:
- select a student from the tab on the top left then,
- Click on the Forms tab on the left side
- f the page.
3. You will then see what forms you have for that student.
NOTE: You can only look at the set of forms under one student at a time. If you have more than one student in the district, you will have to go to each student tab to complete forms for each student.
4. When you begin, all your forms will have a status of Empty. Once the form is filled out, press the Submit button at the bottom of the page. Your form will be submitted and reloaded.
Students with a banner that shows Eligible for Uniform proceed to fill out the form.
- If the form submission was successful, a pop-up window will appear thanking you for the submission.
6. Once you are done with a form and submit it, that status will change to Submitted when you go to Forms.
Please reach out to Ms. Gunter or Dr. Lopez if you need assistance.
Action for Happiness Calendar
Mata Montessori School's Vision and Mission
Vision Statement: To provide an academic foundation which allows our students to be successful life-long learners.
Mission Statement: To provide an authentic Montessori education by focusing on educating the whole child academically, socially, and emotionally for all children.
Mata Montessori School's Key Actions
- Maintain a climate and culture that fosters academic excellence.
- Improve quality of instruction and student achievement through an aligned Montessori curriculum.
- Actively engage parents in education in meaningful and relevant ways.