Mrs. McMunn's Weekly News
Dates to Remember:
Important Information and Dates for Schofield Families
- October 28th and 29th: Parent Teacher Conferences
- November 1st: Fall Party: 1:00-2:00
- November 4th-5th: NO SCHOOL
- November 19th: Picture Retakes
Objectives for the Week:
Writing- Students will write one small moment about something that happened in their life. We are publishing their final copies.
Math- Student will understand that the three digits of a three-digit number represent amounts of hundreds, tens, and ones. We will test Wednesday, October 23rd.
Content- Students develop a model to represent the shapes and kinds of land and bodies of water in an area.
- Schofield T-Shirts Now Available
It is time to start Livin' that Schofield Life, families! We have a limited supply of t-shirts available in youth sizes. If you would like to purchase one, please send $12 cash in an envelope marked "Schofield T-Shirt" along with your student's name and size. Youth small, youth medium and youth large are the available sizes.
- The Cheers for Peers student leadership team would love to share your child's celebrations, outside of the classroom, with our Schofield family. Please send a picture of the celebration with a description of the accomplishment to email@example.com and we will post it on our Schofield Spotlight Celebration board.
Ideas of celebrations could include:
Winning a tournament Participating in a play
Gymnastics medal Learning to play a new instrument
Learning to tie shoes Girl Scout/Boy Scout accomplishment
An awesome hunting/fishing experience Riding a bike w/o training wheels
The options are endless!
- Republic School District invites parents and guardians of our kindergarten through 12th grade students to complete the short survey found at the link below (EC families will receive a separate survey in November). Your feedback allows us to see at what level we are meeting the needs of our students, families and community at large. Preparing each student for a successful future is our mission, and the information gathered through this survey provides us a measure to see how well we are achieving this goal.
The survey should take approximately 10 minutes to complete and is open October 21-November 1. Thank you in advance!
Visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/patron2019 to take the survey.
During our next visit from Ms. Pietruszynski, students will discuss the importance of making safe and healthy choices in honor of Red Ribbon Week. Students will be able to identify the difference between safe/unsafe choices and how to take care of their bodies. As always, feel free to contact Ms. Pietruszynski with any questions/concerns you might have regarding your child. firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-3610.
Schofield’s Attendance Goals
We spelled 'attendance' last week. We celebrated with PJs and donuts on Thursday. Be sure to check out the photo on SeeSaw.
Currently we have:
Schofield Improvement Plan
School and District Websites
Republic District Homepage: www.republicschools.org
Schofield Elementary Homepage: www.republicschools.org/domain/12
Schofield’s Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/SchofieldElementarySchool
Building Newsletter: http://web-extract.constantcontact.com/v1/social_annotation?permalink_uri=2AkZM11&image_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmlsvc01-prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2F28cde9d0301%2F5ba2b8c5-59c6-4b68-bc63-488163aad697.png%3Fver%3D1511294418000